As real as it gets but in Prepar3d v4.5

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
gibo
Senior Airman

As real as it gets but in Prepar3d v4.5

Post by gibo »

I haven't flown the A2A Cherokee for a while so decided to go for a flight from Camden Airport (YSCN) west of Sydney, to Young and return.

I have three 27in Monitors thus can see wing tip to wing tip. Absoultely stunning and almost real except that I can touch the ground.

Here are some screenshots.

Heading to Young, very dry.

Return over Warragamba Dam. R/L atm 50% full.

Those landslides are real.

Camden ahead

Final approach. Camden AP is by AussieX

A tip. If PR scenery has no seasons and the Airport does, most times you can change seasons to find a match, except if you are in snow country of course.

Three Monitor Screenshot via Print Screen, although this image doeas not do real sim justice as in sim all monitors appear same colour/quality as the screenshots above. The alignment also appears better in sim due to monitor frames. The side monitors are on approximatey 30 degrees angle.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: As real as it gets but in Prepar3d v4.5

Post by Scott - A2A »

Great picts Gibo, Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Looks great. How much of a frame hit do you get with four monitors? I only run one but I've been thinking of a second.

gibo
Senior Airman

Post by gibo »

ClipperLuna wrote: 17 May 2019, 13:30 Looks great. How much of a frame hit do you get with four monitors? I only run one but I've been thinking of a second.

I just ran a test. With three monitors in View Group Mode, 20 to 30 fps. Single Monitor 50 to 60 fps.

Performance has dropped a little on three recently and I am looking for the problem.

Cheers,

gibo

gibo
Senior Airman

Post by gibo »

ClipperLuna wrote: 17 May 2019, 13:30 Looks great. How much of a frame hit do you get with four monitors? I only run one but I've been thinking of a second.
ClipperLuna,

Below is a video that I put together. There are three monitors running in the video however only the middle is recorded. I tried to keep the views within left and right rear wingtip as this is the view that I see without panning.

I found the performance issue referred to in my above post. Immediately after the Hot Fix from LM performance was good. However I broke the Golden Rule, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it." I reset my settings in the Nvidia CP and performance returned. External sounds are too low. I remember reading something on LM site. I will check the Environment sound settings in the sim. Not sure if that affects user aircraft though?

Anyhow the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAT1V7wXLWs

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”