Cherokee Fuel economy/GTN 750 fuel flow

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
Captain744
Senior Airman

Cherokee Fuel economy/GTN 750 fuel flow

Post by Captain744 »

Anyone have the flight1 gtn 750?
Has anyone noticed that the GTN fuel flow reading gives a higher reading to what A2A fuel economy reading is reporting? I have selected 'user sensor data'
Does anyone know the reason for this?

Many Thanks
Lee

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cherokee Fuel economy/GTN 750 fuel flow

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Things like that is all done within the Accu-sim simulation engine, so anything trying to read the default MSFS variables will not read correctly. I'd think this was the reason.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

The gtn750 reads fsx data. The shift 2 menu uses accusim data. Use accusim for calculations .
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

BTW, does anyone know if the GTN can be configured in such a way that it doesn't show this unreliable 'sensor data', simulating a unit not utilizing these sensors and derived data? This should be a possibility in reality.

-Esa

iflyc77
Senior Airman

Post by iflyc77 »

Sorry for the necro-post and all - but this just started happening with my Bonanza. Suddenly the GTN sensor is indicating a 4gph or so higher burn than what A2A and the FF gauge is showing. It was working fine yesterday. Has anyone found any way to fix or correct that?

Jarek
Senior Airman

Post by Jarek »

It needs to be paired with external digital sensors and computing unit like Shadin to show such data. It would be quite rare to see such equipment installed in low-end GA planes. In RXP unit, you can turn fuel metering to off in the configuration. There should be some option called "Use Shadin Fuel Data computer" if I remember correctly. In case of GNS I put data manually and it looks quite ok for me.
If you are a virtual billionaire ;-) there are few other options available, like enhanced transponder with TCAS and wind sensor.

iflyc77
Senior Airman

Post by iflyc77 »

Jarek wrote: 20 Oct 2020, 08:22 It needs to be paired with external digital sensors and computing unit like Shadin to show such data. It would be quite rare to see such equipment installed in low-end GA planes. In RXP unit, you can turn fuel metering to off in the configuration. There should be some option called "Use Shadin Fuel Data computer" if I remember correctly. In case of GNS I put data manually and it looks quite ok for me.
If you are a virtual billionaire ;-) there are few other options available, like enhanced transponder with TCAS and wind sensor.
Not really. That technology is pretty common in small GA airplanes (especially experimentals) and is pretty easy to retrofit with an engine analyzer for even more information. I don't know what an enhanced transponder is. Are you talking something like TIS? Anything with ADS-B In can do that and even if your ADS-B solution isn't "In" capable you can get a portable Stratus or Sentry type unit that can link to an ipad to give you that traffic information.

I also don't know what a wind sensor is? If you are talking about having a display of what the current wind is in the airplane - that is easy and pretty common to have as well. It only requires an ADC that would generally be used as part of a glass cockpit AHRS package. The math is pretty simple for an ADC to compare your track vs heading and TAS vs GS to know what the wind vector is.

ANYWAY -

I still don't know why suddenly the GTN says I am burning more fuel than I actually am with 'sensors' selected. It seems to be the case in any airplane now and not just A2A stuff and was working fine two days ago. I used to use it often to get max range out of the Bonanza especially.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you are using saved flights, try starting a from scratch flight and check the default flight is still a nice simple job to help rule out any flight load corruption/issues.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”