New US Livery - N9476J

The Low Wing Wonder
GCRicker
Airman Basic

Re: New US Livery - N9476J

Post by GCRicker »

An observation from a "repaint install newbie". I followed Tim's install instructions to the letter, but the planes didn't show up in my FSX plane list. After carefully examining the aircraft.cfg file, I noticed a difference between Tim's configuration and the other configurations. Tim had a line, "model=emblem" and the others just had, "model=". After removing the word, "emblem", the red plane showed up, but still no blue plane. Then again, I noticed in the aircraft.cfg another difference. The blue plane had, "ui_manufacturer="Piper"" and the others had" ui_manufacturer="A2A Piper". I changed it, and everything works fine now. I hope I didn't hur anything removing the word emblem.

It's a GREAT repaint Tim! Thanks.
Greg

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Hi Greg,

thanks! I'm glad you like the repaint :)

With the latest update A2A has changed the way they handle the different model options. Now there is only one model and the different options are handled by a little ini file.

So yes, in order to show up the repaint again you have to delete the 'emblem' from the 'model=' line in the aircraft.cfg as the emblem model does not exist anymore - at least not in it's old pre-update form. To get the emblems back I would recommend to just copy the 'model.ini' from the 'texture.white-red' folder into the 'texture.N9476J' folder :)

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

GCRicker
Airman Basic

Post by GCRicker »

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the explanation. Your suggestion worked fine. I now have emblems.
Greg

V1-Vr-V2
Airman

Post by V1-Vr-V2 »

Wow - would have loved to have a beautiful paint like that on the -180 I used to fly... :) Great work!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, this is our fault for a change in the way the model
works since release. So some of the earlier repaints have to have slight cfg edit as mentioned. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

tanery
Airman Basic

Post by tanery »

Tim,

You did a great job with the paint, but I feel I must take a little credit as I'm the owner of N9476J and designed the wing part of the paint job. The fuselage was a pre-existing design from Scheme-Designers and I wanted a little shape to be created for the rectangular, hershey bar wings. I plan on buying the A2A simulation of the 180 and applying your skin, so I can practice in my plane on the computer. If you'd like to see what it took to paint the real N9476J, including what it looked like before the new paint, check out http://www.pilotgeek.com/PippaPaint.html.

Thanks again for capturing my plane's beauty so well.

Tom

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

It's a lovely design, Tom. It's the one I fly on flight sim. Have you checked out Pilot Edge? Great for proficiency at home!
http://www.pilotedge.net/

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Tom,

Welcome to the forums here. Pippa is a certainly a beauty and Tim made a very good choice in picking your aeroplane for a 'repaint'. Don't know if you've used PC-based sims much before, but it's always good to hear the input of those who have first-hand experience of the exact types which A2A have simulated with so much passion.

There are some interesting discussions here on the handling of Hershey Bar winged Cherokees - hope you'll be able to join in for the benefit of armchair pilots like myself!

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

tanery
Airman Basic

Post by tanery »

Thanks Nick. I've been flying simulators since MS FlightSim version 2 (I think) on my first pc compatable, back around 1985. They've come a long way and I use them to maintain instrument currency - especially when I plan a flight to a new airport that I might need to do instrument approaches into.

I will try and participate in the forums. BTW I did purchase the A2A cherokee and applied my paint. Still figuring out how it all works. Seems like every time I start, it needs some major maintenance work, much more than my Pippa.

Tom

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes - desktop sims sure have come a long way since those early MSFS versions Tom.

The A2A Cherokee seems to be about as good as it gets when it come to GA stuff. Once you have the aircraft installed in the sim and have fixed any initial maintenance issues in the hanger (should you opt for a 'used' aircraft), it shouldn't require too much in the way of ongoing maintenance provided you keep an eye on things like the oil, and observe flap limiting speeds and so forth.

If you have any questions or issues with the Accu-Sim stuff, the A2A guys and other posters on the forums here are very friendly and helpful.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Hello Tom,
tanery wrote:Tim,

You did a great job with the paint, but I feel I must take a little credit as I'm the owner of N9476J and designed the wing part of the paint job. The fuselage was a pre-existing design from Scheme-Designers and I wanted a little shape to be created for the rectangular, hershey bar wings. I plan on buying the A2A simulation of the 180 and applying your skin, so I can practice in my plane on the computer. If you'd like to see what it took to paint the real N9476J, including what it looked like before the new paint, check out http://www.pilotgeek.com/PippaPaint.html.

Thanks again for capturing my plane's beauty so well.

Tom
thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it :)

That's a beautiful scheme for a beautiful aircraft. Excellent work! And great that you have documented the paint process...very interesting! Especially for us virtual painter :D

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

Aviator75
Airman Basic

Post by Aviator75 »

Link for the blue N9476J seems to be broken. Anyone have an updated link?
Cessna 172 | Cessna 182T | Piper Cherokee 180 | Piper Commanche 250 | Piper Cub | Beechcraft Bonanza | Spitifre | P-40 Warhawk

“I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.”

– Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Aviator75 wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 18:12 Link for the blue N9476J seems to be broken. Anyone have an updated link?
Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wizhofdj3le8r ... e.zip?dl=0

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

Aviator75
Airman Basic

Post by Aviator75 »

Tim-HH wrote: 22 Apr 2020, 09:41
Aviator75 wrote: 17 Apr 2020, 18:12 Link for the blue N9476J seems to be broken. Anyone have an updated link?
Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wizhofdj3le8r ... e.zip?dl=0

Greetings
Tim
Thank you so much!
Cessna 172 | Cessna 182T | Piper Cherokee 180 | Piper Commanche 250 | Piper Cub | Beechcraft Bonanza | Spitifre | P-40 Warhawk

“I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.”

– Antoine de Saint-Exupery

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”