Shared Cockpit

The Low Wing Wonder
new reply
caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Shared Cockpit

Post by caribpilot »

Have you folks at A2A ever thought about including the ability to have a shared cockpit in any of your products? I can just imagine a world of possibilities if the C172 and P180 had shared cockpit.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

alfredo_laredo
Senior Airman

Re: Shared Cockpit

Post by alfredo_laredo »

As far as I know its really hard to do in a complex airplane.

I tried the Lotus sim L-39 and its fun, but still plaged with bugs and glitches.
ASUS Z97-A, i7 7970K, Samsung Evo 840 256gb, GTX780, HDD 500GB, Patriot Series 5 RAM 8gb, Cooler Master M series 600W, Windows 7 64

Eric.
Staff Sergeant

Post by Eric. »

I think due to Accusim working outside of FSX you'd really have to have provisions for both user's Accusims to communicate and stay in sync.

caribpilot
Staff Sergeant

Post by caribpilot »

Another developer who programmed their aircraft almost entirely outside of FSX managed to pull it off. It would be a fun feature for friends to fly together, pilots to train and teach each other and more. The possibilities are end less.
M.Carter
Private Pilot

WilliamJSS
Senior Airman

Post by WilliamJSS »

I too think it would be great, but it is a lot of work. Majestic, who has one of the BEST complex planes out right now has been working on and testing their Pro Version for over a year now I think for shared cockpit. It is doable, but not something that is done so easy at all when the likes of A2A and Majestic are involved because of the amount of outside code they have running. Getting that to work together over a network, and in sim to match what both see I imagine would be pretty rough to just add in.

It would be nice though, even though I imagine it would get kinda boring in the smaller planes after a while, as I spend a lot of time rubber necking around now! lol. Good thing A2A gives plenty to look at!

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”