A big thanks to Oskar Wagner (lonewulf47) and our beta team

The Low Wing Wonder
Scott - A2A
A2A General

A big thanks to Oskar Wagner (lonewulf47) and our beta team

Post by Scott - A2A »

Last year, just as our Accu-Sim Piper Cherokee 180 went into development, Oskar Wagner (one of our chief A2A pilots) proposed a new beta system. It was both a creative and ambitious initiative.

So just over three months ago, in mid February, Oskar put his new idea into action and beta testing began on the Cherokee with Oskar manning the system on a daily basis (at times it seemed too laborious).

The result:
48 hours after the release of the Cherokee, Accu-Sim along with this new Cherokee has the fewest reported bugs in its history.

About Oskar:
He’s a 15,000+ hour retired pilot (10,400 airliner, 4,800 GA) including the Fokker 100, Airbus A319-321 and A330 (Captain), Douglas DC 9-32/34/51 and has flown 70+ aircraft ranging from the Piper J-3 to the Cessna 425 Conquest II. He joined the A2A beta team in 2009.

This is a public recognition and thank you to Oskar and the beta team, on behalf of everyone at A2A Simulations. It's important that our community knows that A2A products would not be what they are without this quality control team.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Re: A huge thanks to Oskar Wagner (lonewulf47) and our beta

Post by Chunk »

Many thanks Oskar, and well done!

J van E
Staff Sergeant

Post by J van E »

Well done indeed!!!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Scott - A2A wrote:Last year, just as our Accu-Sim Piper Cherokee 180 went into development, Oskar Wagner (one of our chief A2A pilots) proposed a new beta system. It was both a creative and ambitious initiative.

So just over three months ago, in mid February, Oskar put his new idea into action and beta testing began on the Cherokee with Oskar manning the system on a daily basis (at times it seemed too laborious).

The result:
48 hours after the release of the Cherokee, Accu-Sim along with this new Cherokee has the fewest reported bugs in its history.

About Oskar:
He’s a 15,000+ hour retired pilot (10,400 airliner, 4,800 GA) including the Fokker 100, Airbus A319-321 and A330 (Captain), Douglas DC 9-32/34/51 and has flown 70+ aircraft ranging from the Piper J-3 to the Cessna 425 Conquest II. He joined the A2A beta team in 2009.

This is a public recognition and thank you to Oskar and the beta team, on behalf of everyone at A2A Simulations. It's important that our community knows that A2A products would not be what they are without this quality control team.

Scott.
I would add my voice to the kudos for Oskar. I've known him for a long time. Aside from his obvious aviation qualifications, Oskar has always been a huge fan of flight simulation and has been an invaluable asset to A2A.
Dudley Henriques

stiz
BDG

Post by stiz »

best beta team in the industry 8)

stevekirks
Senior Airman

Post by stevekirks »

Scott - A2A wrote:This is a public recognition and thank you to Oskar and the beta team, on behalf of everyone at A2A Simulations. It's important that our community knows that A2A products would not be what they are without this quality control team.

Scott.
Thank you Oskar for the hard work--what a great piece of software and "virtual Cherokee"!
Steve Kirks
KSGF
ImageImage

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

I bow before the greatness of the development team that can develop a desktop simulation translating the physics and feel of a full motion simulator to a desktop platform and many bows to Oskar and the Beta team for making sure the finished product translates that feel out of the box. The whole A2A team deserves to be recognized as this has raised the bar to a level most developers can only dream of.

ft
Staff Sergeant

Post by ft »

These days in the entertainment simulator sector, we see product after product reaching the market with obvious deficiencies, in spite of claiming to have undergone rigorous beta testing. I have no idea about the reason, but I suspect it to be a combination of financial pressures (announced deadlines), poor beta team selection procedures and criteria (the most vocal participants in the forums/online groups) and haphazard methodology. The products go on sale with glaring omissions and bugs which leave us flabbergasted as to what was going on behind the scenes.

Clearly these pitfalls were steered well clear of with this one. Well done.

(Nota bene: Previous A2A releases have also been good, but this is a cut better.)
Be warned: Aero engineer, real life pilot, sim programmer. Nothing good can come out of that.

lawdawg
Senior Airman

Re: A big thanks to Oskar Wagner (lonewulf47) and our beta t

Post by lawdawg »

Thank you to the entire crew for what each one of you has done to make this plane and all the others a reality for us.
Thank you Oskar for your monumental effort, dedication and passion to simulation and for the aviation sim community .
We all are much better because of it.

Cheers sir(s) and again,

THANK YOU!
Chad (PAEN)

bliksimpie
Staff Sergeant

Post by bliksimpie »

Well done..!
Regards
JB

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

Well done Oskar and beta team! Thank you!

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

Thank you to Oskar and the rest of the beta team! This is indeed one polished release. Great work!

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Thank you so much for your dedication and hard work Oskar. It is very obvious that "someone" spent A LOT of time testing and tuning this aircraft, it's fantastic...that's all I've got, fantastic!
Cheers!/Andreas

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Bravo :!: :!: to Oskar and the entire beta team. Well deserved praise for such a great aircraft and very smooth roll-out. Clearly, many, many dedicated hours have been spent on this project - it shows in all aspects of the Cherokee.

"Thank You" hardly seems adequate for such dedication and skill but--- Thank You :D
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

Yes much thanks to the beta team. So many moving parts to a complex project like this. Truly amazing work. Every software, gaming, and sim developer should look to you guys for inspiration.

I hope to one day enjoy a sim built from the ground-up by A2A. Partnered with Orbx? The talent, hard work and dedication to the craft by both teams is unparalleled in the sim community. I can dream a little, can't I?
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”