Cherokee Finished Paints

The Low Wing Wonder
LarryCFII
Airman

Re: Cherokee Finished Paints

Post by LarryCFII »

Bastins, Hello, I am new to the A2A simulations group.. and very much interested in learning more. I have Flight Simulator X on my desktop.... the AMAZING THING I want you to know is that I owned and flew N6316J for 20 years and I was AMAZED and THRILLED to see you had chosen to repaint the airplane here in A2A simulations... What are the chances? Truly amazed.

Can you give me more information about how I might incorporate your simulation into my Microsoft FS X? Can I fly the airplane as you have painted it. Also, I have internal photos of the aircraft which is a 1968 D model with the throttle quadrant console... truly an amazing thing you have done....

Please drop me a line and I would love to know more about your wonderful work. Again, Thank YOU.

Sincerely,, Larry Collins, Atlanta, IL Flight Instructor SEL CFII

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Larry and welcome to the forums, your in good company as we have a fair few pilots and instructors among users here in the community now. You can certainly use the product in your FSX. The FSX version of our Accu-sim Cherokee 180 simulation can be purchased here;

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... 19915120bb

Then once installed you can add community repaints to it as needed, including those posted in this thread and many more elsewhere.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

N324JK
Staff Sergeant

Post by N324JK »

Here's another - sort of the "little sibling" to one I did for a Comanche a few weeks ago, N2515P.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/usl07gdvw061x ... W.zip?dl=0

Enjoy, and happy flying!
Jon K.
Image Image Image ImageImage

Timmy74
Airman

Post by Timmy74 »

Nick M wrote:A 'proper' Cherokee from Oz this time, albeit a livery pinched from a PA-28-235B! :wink:

Available for download here.
Hello NickM,

Could you please confirm an issue with your paints please? I am getting this with VH-UEI as well....!? It looks like a GPS texture used for the dash?

Cheers,
Tim.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Timmy74 wrote:Could you please confirm an issue with your paints please?
Hello Tim - no, the glareshield textures for VH-PXD appear normal on my installation (this repaint didn't include a custom interior so that part of the aircraft wasn't included). I notice you've got the blue interior there, whereas the repaint as issued aliased the red one. Have you edited or added any files at all, either in your main "texture" folder for the Cherokee, or in the texture folders for these repaints?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Timmy74
Airman

Post by Timmy74 »

Nick M wrote:
Timmy74 wrote:Could you please confirm an issue with your paints please?
Hello Tim - no, the glareshield textures for VH-PXD appear normal on my installation (this repaint didn't include a custom interior so that part of the aircraft wasn't included). I notice you've got the blue interior there, whereas the repaint as issued aliased the red one. Have you edited or added any files at all, either in your main "texture" folder for the Cherokee, or in the texture folders for these repaints?

Thanks,
Nick
Hello Nick,

No I just downloaded and installed as per your instructions. I have no idea how this could happen!?!

Tim.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Timmy74 wrote:I have no idea how this could happen!?!
I'm a bit puzzled too Tim. Do you see this issue with other paint schemes? The glareshield texture is part of the "pa28_180_c.dds" file which isn't included as part of this repaint. (This file renders the aircraft's interior as seen on the external model so is generally just included for repaints which add a modified interior.)

On further investigation, it seems the "pa28_180_c.dds" texture was modified by A2A post-release to add textures for the GPSMAP 295. In spite of this, I still can't reproduce the issue you're seeing; even if I use the old "pa28_180_c.dds" texture (I just get an untextured GPSMAP 295).

It seems like you've got the new texture file installed, but your *.MDL (model) files haven't been updated so are still using the old texture mapping. I suggest deleting this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx

Then running the most recent Accu-Sim update.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Timmy74
Airman

Post by Timmy74 »

Nick M wrote:
Timmy74 wrote:I have no idea how this could happen!?!
I'm a bit puzzled too Tim. Do you see this issue with other paint schemes? The glareshield texture is part of the "pa28_180_c.dds" file which isn't included as part of this repaint. (This file renders the aircraft's interior as seen on the external model so is generally just included for repaints which add a modified interior.)

On further investigation, it seems the "pa28_180_c.dds" texture was modified by A2A post-release to add textures for the GPSMAP 295. In spite of this, I still can't reproduce the issue you're seeing; even if I use the old "pa28_180_c.dds" texture (I just get an untextured GPSMAP 295).

It seems like you've got the new texture file installed, but your *.MDL (model) files haven't been updated so are still using the old texture mapping. I suggest deleting this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cherokee180\Update_fsx

Then running the most recent Accu-Sim update.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Good news! The update and re-download of your textures has fixed the issue.

Thank you very much for the tips and especially the repaints. :D

Cheers,
Tim.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's good to hear Tim and you're very welcome! :)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Got some nice new repaints, thanks guys! I replied so I'd know when there's new ones added.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Paul - just for info, you can click "subscribe topic" at top left to be notified of replies, even if you haven't set the "notify me upon replies by default" option in your settings and posted in the topic.

Nick

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

:D
Nick M wrote:Hey Paul - just for info, you can click "subscribe topic" at top left to be notified of replies, even if you haven't set the "notify me upon replies by default" option in your settings and posted in the topic.

Nick

Raller
Airman First Class

Post by Raller »

Hello,
here my first repaint project. Even if the original is a "Archer II", i saw this Airplane and tryed to be as close to the original as possible with my repainting and also give it a personal note. I learned a lot and was surprised, how difficult it was to paint the strips around the kurves and pay attention to all the details ;-)

Thanks to "bricke94" and "Lewis-A2A" for the Cockpit-Basis and the Paintkit.

...here the result https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/XcCLk6FQ

Greetings from Germany
Raller
Last edited by Raller on 14 Aug 2016, 11:37, edited 10 times in total.
MSFS2020 Boxed Version (German) | Win 10 Pro | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | RTX 2070 8GB | SSD | T.16000M

ebo
Master Sergeant

Post by ebo »

Ausgezeichnete Arbeit!

Stunning job and very close to the real thing. Well done.

Now i only need the Cherokee :(
Regards
Eberhard Haberkorn

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Sehr schönes Repaint!

Awesome repaint. I'll download this for sure.

Thanks for sharing
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”