Cherokee Repaints Request

The Low Wing Wonder
VolksytheBug
Airman

Re: Cherokee Repaints Request

Post by VolksytheBug »

Hi all!

I have a repaint request for the wizards on this forum. This Cherokee, N8240W, belongs to my friend Matt. Matt recently had a baby, and is just now getting back into flying. In the meantime, he has begun using FSX, so I'd like to surprise him with an accurate repaint of his plane for the simulator. And oh yes, please do not include the windshield cover in the repaint! :lol:

Thank you for your consideration, and blue skies!
Noah
(P.S: I couldn't get a good shot of the interior with the lighting the way it was when I took the photos, but the instrument panel is black, the seats are a brown color, and the carpet is same shade of green as the exterior.)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Noah,

Welcome to the forum. :) I'd be happy to take a crack at this one. Not least because it hasn't got stripes to line-up in inconvenient places (e.g. the nosewheel fairing! :roll: )

I rather like the green cowling too.

I haven't experimented with interior decoration yet, but the wonderful N2442C livery by Tim Scharnhop (TimHH) has tan seats which you could use in any repaint. You can see his post here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=40861

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Nick M wrote:..... Not least because it hasn't got stripes to line-up in inconvenient places (e.g. the nosewheel fairing! :roll: )
Chicken! :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

VolksytheBug
Airman

Post by VolksytheBug »

Thank you Nick! I'm looking forward to seeing (and flying, of course), the finished project!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ron Attwood wrote:
Nick M wrote:..... Not least because it hasn't got stripes to line-up in inconvenient places (e.g. the nosewheel fairing! :roll: )
Okay Ron! I'll see your chicken and raise you... a G-ZEBY! :lol:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 35#p309789

Come on! You know you want to - hours of fun to be had there... :wink:
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Nick M wrote:
Ron Attwood wrote:
Okay Ron! I'll see your chicken and raise you... a G-ZEBY! :lol:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 35#p309789

Come on! You know you want to - hours of fun to be had there... :wink:
I looked at that and my first thought was, 'If that was mine I'd have it resprayed!' Having looked at again my thoughts have not changed! What were they thinking? :shock:
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Come on! You know you want to - hours of fun to be had there... :wink:[/quote]

I looked at that and my first thought was, 'If that was mine I'd have it resprayed!' Having looked at again my thoughts have not changed! What were they thinking? :shock:[/quote]

Agreed. It reminds me of something I saw at Longleat back in the 60's, when the Marquis of Bath first opened his lion park. I was not sure which looked more ridiculous - the pathetic looking lions dripping in the rain of and English spring day, or the stupid zebra painted vehicles.

It was the 60's though... :roll:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Re: Cherokee Repaints Request thread

Post by Neon »

Fabo wrote:Seems nice. Maybe tomorrow I'll get on it. I've basically already got OK-EOK, trouble is, I don't have the plane yet :lol:
I would love a version of this too please. However I'd like the registration to be VH-NEON please, or VH-VEN. I love this
aircraft and have been going thru the lists again and again to find if someone has done it.

PM me if you do it please. I want it for my Cherokee 180 which I fly on my YouTube Channel sometimes.

Thanks

Neon

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ron/Mike - can't believe you guys aren't fans of the timeless zebra stripe motif. Many would say it's enriched aeroplanes, safari park jeeps and novelty underpants alike. (I do think it makes zebras look a bit pretentious though...) :)

Noah - I'd hoped to have N8240W finished by the end of this weekend, but still some bits to do. I'm away working for the next fortnight, so afraid it'll be a while before I get round to completing it. However, here's a quick w.i.p. shot to prove I haven't been malingering. (Actually, I have been malingering! Scorching weather here, so like many Englishmen, I've been frantically barbequing before the nimbostratus returns... :D )

Also a quick question: do you happen to know what the insignia is on the right side of the fin?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

VolksytheBug
Airman

Post by VolksytheBug »

Holy cow Nick! That looks FANTASTIC! It honest-to-gosh took my breath away when I saw that screenshot!

Honestly, I don't really know what that sticker is on the tail...I should know, since I fly the plane all the time! :roll: I'll get a close-up of it next time I go flying.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to have an early, beta-like version of the repaint available for download so that I may fly it whilst I wait for you to finish? I just can't wait to get ol' 40W up in the FSX skies! :)

Thanks again, and happy flying!
Noah

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad you liked the preview shot Noah. :) This should tide you over until I get the chance to add the finishing touches: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6i8ebxq59qea ... N8240W.zip.

Any extra photos of the tail sticker or other close-ups of the aircraft would be gratefully received.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

VolksytheBug
Airman

Post by VolksytheBug »

Fantastic, thank you!

Have a great time on your work trip!

Noah

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Nick,

Zebra stripes are best left to zebras :) For all other aviation camouflage schemes, look to a Spitfire or Messerschmitt 109 :lol:

Nice paint job on N8240W. You've caught the colours very well. Looking forward to the final product. Enjoy your holiday, and I'll download it when I get back from mine.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

brynair
Airman

Post by brynair »

Hi all,
I've a little question, is it possible that somebody can do this Swiss repaint for the A2A Cherokee ? I would be very grateful :-) !

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Thank you
Bests,
Brynair

cessnacrazy
Airman

Post by cessnacrazy »

brynair wrote:Hi all,
I've a little question, is it possible that somebody can do this Swiss repaint for the A2A Cherokee ? I would be very grateful :-) !

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Thank you
Bests,
Brynair
sure ill go for it
Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”