Airman

Re: Cherokee Repaints Request

Post by Bonanzapilot »

Image Image Image Image Image

matgg
Airman Basic

Post by matgg »

To all you wonderful repainters out there, there is still a lack of aircraft with Australian regos, and I would love to start flying my own aussie Cherokee around. In particiular check out VH-ZFY, it was the first aircraft I ever flew IRL, and I would love to fly it around the sim (even though it is a warrior III!)

Thanks,
Mat

mannerheim
Airman Basic

Post by mannerheim »

That would be amazing ! Please, dear repainters wizards :)

More http://www.abpic.co.uk/search.php?q=G-AYAW&u=reg

Mithras
Airman First Class

Post by Mithras »

I'm not sure what I can provide in return, since I'm fairly new to flight sim, I've only been at it since November 2013, but if someone could create a paint scheme for the Cherokee I'd be very very grateful.

This is it:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/57530104@N02/8644651191/

It is the plane my uncle took me up in last summer, he let me take control and I am very grateful to him for it. That flight was the deciding factor in me deciding to go for it and build myself a complete flight sim rig. Buying A2As Cherokee really is the culmination. My uncle is set to visit in a couple of weeks to try out my FSX sim, and I thought it would be really cool to let him try the Accusim Cherokee in his own G-TERY colours!

Naki
Airman

Post by Naki »

Ron Attwood wrote:
Naki wrote:Anybody willing to tackle an early model Kiwi Cherokee 180 (its the only early Cherokee 180 I can find that is current in NZ)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_nV0MBgnf5tA/S ... 09.jpg.JPG
I'll pick that one up. It's the first 180 worth painting that I've come across. Are 180Cs a rare breed? I discovered a million 180Rs (retractable gear) but 180Cs are like hen's teeth!

Yankeeromeo, need more information. Like, do you have a moustache or beard? :D (tail number would be a start)

OK, don't worry, I recognise the dog. 8)
Thanks Ron...looking forward to it!

Cant speak for the UK but 180Cs are pretty rare here ...plenty of later model 180's, Archers and Arrows here though. I suspect there are plenty of 180Cs in the US?

Naki
Airman

Post by Naki »

pilottj wrote:Here are a couple nice looking Kiwi Cherokees. :D

Cheers
TJ
Yes those are nice 140s and would look good in the sim but I was been a fussy bugger trying to tie up an actual NZ reg 180C. I guess they aren't really go to be alike anyway as the panels and other minor details are going to be different in any case

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

matgg wrote:To all you wonderful repainters out there, there is still a lack of aircraft with Australian regos, and I would love to start flying my own aussie Cherokee around. In particiular check out VH-ZFY, it was the first aircraft I ever flew IRL, and I would love to fly it around the sim (even though it is a warrior III!)

Thanks,
Mat
Oh my gosh that's totally an ex-UND aircraft! I beat the crap out of those lol!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

VH-ZFY would be added to my fleet, for sure. However, I'd love a repaint of VH-FES, which was the first plane I flew. I'd post a picture, but I just get a message about this thread being too full, so here's a URL instead.

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/VH-FES.html

If any kind soul does paint her, please note that she has her rego underneath the wings, or she did on the photo I took in 2005. And the stripes wrap around the nose and tail.

Thanks,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

gdzukowski
Airman First Class

Post by gdzukowski »

Dogsbody55 wrote:VH-ZFY would be added to my fleet, for sure. However, I'd love a repaint of VH-FES, which was the first plane I flew. I'd post a picture, but I just get a message about this thread being too full, so here's a URL instead.

http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/VH-FES.html

If any kind soul does paint her, please note that she has her rego underneath the wings, or she did on the photo I took in 2005. And the stripes wrap around the nose and tail.

Thanks,
Mike
I will attempt this one. The rego is black on the underneath of the left wing I am guessing? Have that picture of it in 2005 for reference?

Thanks,

Daniel

N673DZ - C172
N674DZ - Piper Cherokee 180 C

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Hi Daniel,

Yes, the rego under the wing is in black. I forgot to add, since it's not clear in the shots from the url, that the turquoise/silver/turquoise stripse are applied also to the wing top, and wrapp under the leading edge, but stop about 6 inches under. I have that picture availaible, if you could pm your email address to me.

Thanks,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Re: Cherokee Repaints Request thread

Post by Neon »

McChester wrote:If anyone could paint the beautiful OE-DSL, that would be amazing :)

I would love one of this skin too with registration VH-VEN

BelowMinimums
Airman Basic

Post by BelowMinimums »

I thought I hit the new reply button but I hit the new topic... anyway my request is on this topic:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 15&t=40435

Mr.Marc
Airman

Post by Mr.Marc »

I would love to have some wood grain interiors, maybe even some beige leather seats also.
Last edited by Mr.Marc on 25 Jun 2015, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

mtmike1981
Airman Basic

Post by mtmike1981 »

How about the 50th anniversary edition of the cherokee. In N numbers please

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”