Airman Basic

Re: VIDEO: A2A Piper Cherokee 180 Ten Minute Promo

Post by carorere »

I like the plane and the video!

Ala13_Kokakolo
Airman First Class

Post by Ala13_Kokakolo »

I will buy this plane on release date!!! beautiful, beautiful...

Mischa
Airman

Post by Mischa »

Years ago I felt in love with the Dreamfleet Dakota and I have looked for years for an aircraft who could play this role in the FSX and now in P3D.

The C172 trainer was very good but the new Cherokee will be the new pearl in my hangar. THAT is what I have waited for a long time...
Cheers,
Michael

ImageImageImage[/url]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

pcykoria
Airman

Post by pcykoria »

7 pages of purchase offers in 24hrs :) You guys in A2A must be very happy. However, we - a niche of sim aviators - are even more happy to know it is coming very soon...

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

The P-51 was released around Memorial Day 2 years ago... let's speculate :mrgreen:
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Cool I'll be home by then to put it on my new computer

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Just start looking out for the POH/Manual release, and for Cherokee tech support forums. When you see those, D-day (delivery day) should be at hand. :D LOL I have already got a cross country trip planned from Danbury to the Bay Area.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Post by jimcarrel »

I've watched this video so many times that I think it is getting worn out. Seems to be lagging in spots, getting streaks in it and the audio track is about worn out. (what to do?)

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Can't wait for this one. I've got about 50 hours up in these (real world) but the ones I flew were tapered wings. It will be interesting to see if there's any detectable difference as my experience indicates that it behaves just the same around stall speeds. Also, will the tank selector be as difficult to reach as the real one? :roll:

I never got to fly the Cessna 172 in the real world, and would have liked to have been able to compare the two. I guess now I can. It will be interesting to see later on which one people prefer.

One final question - will the tie downs and wheel chocks be separate from the park brake? I can't tie down my Cessna as the park brake won't stay on. It's a rudder pedal calibration thing, I think, but no matter what I do, I can't fix the problem. But in the real world, you leave the park brake off and ties the plane down and put the chocks into place, so can this be replicated, please?

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

hangar
Airman First Class

Post by hangar »

Saitek pedals I'm guessing?....just hit the toe brakes a few times...sometimes that helps.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

Also make sure you're running the latest core update, I had that same issue for a while...

sioux565
Airman First Class

Post by sioux565 »

Mischa wrote:Years ago I felt in love with the Dreamfleet Dakota and I have looked for years for an aircraft who could play this role in the FSX and now in P3D.

The C172 trainer was very good but the new Cherokee will be the new pearl in my hangar. THAT is what I have waited for a long time...
The Dreamfleet Dakota brings back memories. The A2A Cherokee will be a viable replacement.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I've already built my flight plan from DXR to CZL just reverse the route going up

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

sioux565 wrote:
Mischa wrote:Years ago I felt in love with the Dreamfleet Dakota and I have looked for years for an aircraft who could play this role in the FSX and now in P3D.

The Dreamfleet Dakota brings back memories. The A2A Cherokee will be a viable replacement.
I never loved the Dreamfleet Dakota the way others did - too new, too clean, too expensive (IRL). To me the 180 is going to be a replacement for the Dreamfleet Archer II - a nice worn-down beater that I flew the wings off of back in FS2002. Have never found anything that totally recaptured that experience but now I will.
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”