VIDEO: A2A Piper Cherokee 180 Ten Minute Promo

The Low Wing Wonder
awash2002
A2A ACE

Re: VIDEO: A2A Piper Cherokee 180 Ten Minute Promo

Post by awash2002 »

I will gladly fly N533CD a 2012 Cirrus SR22 GTS to pickup the Cherokee and Comanche

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I too am hoping that the next release will feature constant speed prop and retractable gear. As stated elsewhere, I look towards stepping up, though I don't mind whether it's a 235, V35 or Comanche. A2A's own Comanche looks great, and I'd have thought an obvious choice, but whatever they decide, I hope they make an announcement soon after the release of the Cherokee. After that, a twin is needed, unless A2A surprises us all with a DHC Beaver (hint, hint :D ). But I have to say the Cherokee with speedmods is a small step up, and having flown the real thing, I'm eagerly awaiting this.

Cheers,
Mike
Last edited by Dogsbody55 on 23 May 2014, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Or even a Turbo Beaver would be great

lephilb
Airman

Post by lephilb »

A second weekend waiting... Grrrr I'm feeling like a mac freak checking 4 times an hour if it's released ;-)

alehead
Staff Sergeant

Post by alehead »

Well, the core v2 is now out...

Andrew Entwistle
Andrew
i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz (Der8auer delidded) on air (NH-D15), ASUS MAXIMUS X Hero, 16Gb RAM
EVGA GTX1070Ti, Win10Pro on Samsung M2 500Gb SSD, P3D V4 on 850 EVO 1Tb
Accusim (P3D): T6/Comanche/Cherokee/Spitfire/P51D Mustang (Civ)/V-Tail Bonanza

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

lephilb wrote:A second weekend waiting... Grrrr I'm feeling like a mac freak checking 4 times an hour if it's released ;-)
We are the Cult of A2A :P

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

pilottj wrote:Found this interesting comparison chart between the 235/Dak to C-182. Note the 235B's useful load....more than the empty weight of the plane. :shock: Those old Hershey bar wings really are good lifters.
Hmm... something seriously stinks with those range figures. :D

-Esa

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Dogsbody55 wrote:I too am hoping that the next release will feature constant speed prop and retractable gear. As stated elsewhere, I look towards stepping up, though I don't mind whether it's a 235, V35 or Comanche. A2A's own Comanche looks great, and I'd have thought an obvious choice, but whatever they decide, I hope they make an announcement soon after the release of the Cherokee. After that, a twin is needed, unless A2A surprises us all with a DHC Beaver (hint, hint :D ). But I have to say the Cherokee with speedmods is a small step up, and having flown the real thing, I'm eagerly awaiting this.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike....Can you spell T33 :?: ......... http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 33#p289167

There may be something else in the works for GA, but read the posts and see what you think.
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Al FR-153 wrote:Mike....Can you spell T33
From the jet side, I'm not particularly interested in T-33, though that might change of course! I'd be immediately all-in if they announced an Accusim F-18C. Right. But, in realistic road map, I'm with Mike, and the others wishing for increasingly complex planes. Not that I see anything particularly cool in constant speed propeller, nor that I'd be a fan of Piper's retractable landing gear. (Ever tried to grab the wheel and shake that thing when the plane is jacked? You'd only do silky smooth landings after that..... :mrgreen: ) But it's a logical way to add to the fleet.

As for the next step, I'm really starting to think that the Comanche would be perfect. Not because that particular model had any significance to me, but just because A2A owns one. You see, with each and every airplane model, there is quite much important details you'll learn only if you have to live with one. Of course, flying one is one thing, but learning how they live and what they are made of is, perhaps, even more important if you wish to create a truly immersing simulation.

Still, I'm wishing for eventual A2A twin turboprop... King Air would do, as an realistic option, but Swearingen Merlin or Metro, Mitsubishi MU-2, or ultimately, PA-42-1000 would be in my dream locker. Unfortunately, they are rather rare to flight test.. :( There are actually about four times more examples of flying P-51s than Cheyenne 400s.

-Esa
Last edited by AKar on 24 May 2014, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

torejohs
Airman First Class

Post by torejohs »

This looks

Also, please let me see the manual, I cans helps with teh spelcheck!

Skyfox
Senior Airman

Post by Skyfox »

I really hope this bird is released on this current long weekend in US.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

From what I gather, it sounds like core update v2 release and related 172 P3D transfers have gone reasonably smoothly so hopefully we will wake up one of these weekend mornings with a nice surprise here, maybe a POH/Manual release at least :)

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

pilottj wrote:From what I gather, it sounds like core update v2 release and related 172 P3D transfers have gone reasonably smoothly so hopefully we will wake up one of these weekend mornings with a nice surprise here, maybe a POH/Manual release at least :)

Cheers
TJ
I think we'll have it soon.. they have made major releases on just about every Memorial Day and Labor Day :)

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Lol Molleh, isn't that kind of funny, here we are, practically pressing F5....for what...some hot exotic warbird? nope. or some vintage radial powered GA beast? nope.....A Piper Cherokee. Thats like getting excited about a Ford Festiva LOL.

However, this is a true compliment and credit to A2A. They can take a somewhat mundane airplane in real life like the Cherokee that turns us into crazy F5 pressing flightsim geeks. :lol: I'll be honest too....A2A is the only developer I would sit around and press F5 for....even for a Piper Cherokee. :mrgreen:

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

In reply to Al FR-153, the T-33 is one of the few jets I would fly. The early jets interest me, but not as much as propeller driven planes. I like the mechanical feel of a piston engine, and the engine management skill needed to fly it properly. It's been said elsewhere that "starting a round engine is like waking a beautiful woman; starting a turbine is like starting a fan". Or something very similar, but anyway, I agree with the sentiment. But the early jets had their foibles too, and they don't all look the same, like today's planes (and cars :x ). I'm sure there will be those who disagree with me, and to those people I say I hope you enjoy your chosen vehicle.

Re my thoughts on A2A's future releases, please bear in mind that I haven't seen any statement by them of their future roadmap; only hints at one. But it seems that they are turning their attention to flight training and if that is correct, then logically, you'd release a trainer or 2 (C-172 and PA-28), then progress to a retractable with CS prop, then a a twin. It's how most people progress in their real world flying license careers or license endorsements. Some might choose a turboprop, and/or a taildragger. Possibly A2A might do a more basic trainer like a C-152, but in a sense, we already have that in the Piper Cub, and it's a taildragger. As Awash2002 says, a Turbo Beaver would truly fill the desire for a turboprop, as well as the desire for a Beaver. Personally, I'd rather see them do a P&W powered Beaver, though. Given that A2A have a Comanche, I'd have thought that would be the best basis for "the next step" in flight training, as they'd know it more intimately than any borrowed plane, so it has the potential to be the most realistic release yet. You'd also expect development to be a little quicker, which is good for all the impatient people around here, me included :wink: , as well as good business for A2A with possibly lower development cost and quicker release, giving another revenue stream. But perhaps they have something else in mind. I'm interested to see what. I also hope they don't ignore the warbird community too. A warbird twin would be great, but there's plenty of single engined jobs to choose from too.

'Nuff said. Let's get the Cherokee out there first and enjoy that for many hours of fun. To A2A, I can only suggest you play that old Engelbert Humperdink song, and release it :D

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”