VIDEO: A2A Piper Cherokee 180 Ten Minute Promo

The Low Wing Wonder
amentiba
Airman First Class

Re: VIDEO: A2A Piper Cherokee 180 Ten Minute Promo

Post by amentiba »

ooooo guys... just wait the team to finish it and don't forget they need to finish too the accusim core update 2.0 before release ;)
Image Image

Image Image

"Sometimes we take it for granted, thoses little things like food, like freedom..." Bodycount - "Born Dead"

harman5
Airman

Post by harman5 »

Excellent work A2A! (as always)

Is it out yet?? :mrgreen:
Visit the Harman Motor Works blog...
http://www.harmanmotorworks.com/blog
YouTube Channel...
www.youtube.com/user/harmanmotor

Chunk
Technical Sergeant

Post by Chunk »

Well done guys! I honestly had very little interest in the Cherokee, but it's risen after watching this video.

Raptor05121
Senior Airman

Post by Raptor05121 »

I hope this doesn't come out before Wednesday, its payday!
-Alex

Fabo
Airman First Class

Post by Fabo »

Did we get a definitive answer on including the higher power engines and constant speed prop yet?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Fabo,

the engine is not interchangeable in the Cherokee C 180.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Stephan
Airman First Class

Post by Stephan »

I really can't wait for the Cherokee. I have enjoyed the Cessna a lot these past few months, and I intend on improving my knowledge of this aircraft, but I also look forward to comparing the two first hand in FSX, thanks to A2A. I love the Cessna but I wouldn't mind a better turn rate, as it seems to be the case with the Cherokee. I also wonder how the aircraft handles at landing. I find that the tendency of the Cessna to glide makes it a somewhat difficult plane to land for me. I tend to fiddle a lot and sometimes lose my focus when she doesn't want to land :) Now I really really hope the new Cherokee comes out for Memorial day week end :) Thanks for making these awesome (the best IMO) planes!
B377 / B-17 / Spitfire / P-51 Civilian / Piper J-3 Cub / C172 / C182 / Cherokee / Comanche / Avro 504k / F4U Corsair / BF109

Fabo
Airman First Class

Post by Fabo »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hey Fabo,

the engine is not interchangeable in the Cherokee C 180.

thanks,
Lewis
A shame, but I guess understandable.

So what was mentioned here http://youtu.be/p6l9KSu2330?t=3m1s - does that concern real cherokee only? or will there be an update/additional product? I am mostly interested in CSP version.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

I think that was the original plan, but they settled on the 180. Maybe they're making a Comanche with the V6 engine, hint hint. :mrgreen:

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Fabo wrote:So what was mentioned here http://youtu.be/p6l9KSu2330?t=3m1s - does that concern real cherokee only? or will there be an update/additional product? I am mostly interested in CSP version.
Nope, the different engines live on different variants of the Cherokee line, and are not readily interchangeable in real life either. The constant speed propeller, in factory configuration, is available only to the Cherokee 235 model, though there are certain STCs, like this, which permit the installation of constant speed props on Cherokee 180. Note that the propeller here is electrically actuated, not hydraulic as usually, because the engine in Cherokee 180 has no provisions for hydraulic variable pitch propeller.

-Esa

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

Fabo wrote:Did we get a definitive answer on including the higher power engines and constant speed prop yet?
Scott mentioned that a 235/Dakota would require much more work than an 'expansion' pack would allow...in essence a completely new project. Given the large amount of R&D, flight testing, programming...etc for each project, I suppose they will have to visit that possibility after the 180 is released and initial patching done. Personally I would love a Dakota model. A Dakota with speedmods would be a fine little hot rod. However given the time and work involved in each project, I can certainly understand if the Dakota was shelved in favor of something else such as the Comanche or V35.

It is funny with this accusimed aircraft ownership simulation, you virtually think like a pilot who considers the performance jump from his current ride. He/she invariably thinks...'I could upgrade to a Dakota, but why have a Dakota when I could have a Comanche.' :lol:

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Fabo
Airman First Class

Post by Fabo »

That makes sense.

I suppose that goes with CSP then as well, right?

That puts me in a difficult position, as I do already have a small piston single trainer... but it is a high-wing plane and injected...
I do prefer low-wing carburated planes, but not sure if that alone warrants an extra $50 purchase. This is why I ask these things. A constant speed prop would make it a go. A fixed pitch prop... not so much.

But it is entirely possible that come release day, I'll succumb. A2A quality is that good :lol:

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

I would say go for the Cherokee, the speed mods put it in the 130kt range. A Dakota with CSP gets what, an extra 10kts or so? Given the time required for each project, it might be a while before we the next one, so I would enjoy the Cherokee in the meantime. If you need a speed kick, you can always hop in the P-51 :D

Found this interesting comparison chart between the 235/Dak to C-182. Note the 235B's useful load....more than the empty weight of the plane. :shock: Those old Hershey bar wings really are good lifters.

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Fabo
Airman First Class

Post by Fabo »

It's not about speed, for me, it's about the operation :)

For speed I have an Albatros anyway :)

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

pilottj wrote:
Fabo wrote:Did we get a definitive answer on including the higher power engines and constant speed prop yet?
It is funny with this accusimed aircraft ownership simulation, you virtually think like a pilot who considers the performance jump from his current ride. He/she invariably thinks...'I could upgrade to a Dakota, but why have a Dakota when I could have a Comanche.' :lol:

Cheers
TJ
I love the A2A C172 and I'm really looking forward to the Cherokee, but when I'm ready for my next plane, I think I would prefer something high-performance and complex (retractable wheels, constant speed prop, and adjustable flaps). My nod therefore goes to the Comanche.

I don't mean to disparage the Dakota, but it also seems to me that a Comanche would better fill-out A2A's offerings (more completely expand its portfolio, if you will), considering how similar the Dakota is to a "normal" Cherokee.

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180”