Aircraft Factory - Avro Anson MkI RELEASED

"Faithful Annie"
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Aircraft Factory - Avro Anson MkI RELEASED

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Developers Stephen 'stiz' Barstow and Łukasz "Lucas" Kubacki have come to us with a great model we are proud to be releasing in the coming days.

The Aircraft Factory Avro Anson MkI brings to FSX an icon of the RAF during the 40's. Famed not for its combat role but for its training role, first flew in the 1930's with production not finishing until with into the 1950's. The Avro Anson known as 'faithful Annie' by its crews was responsible for training thousands of aircrew the world over, serving in the RAF, RCAF, RAAF and USAAF amongst many others.

"I really enjoyed modeling the Anson. It’s great to finally be able to fly the old faithful Annie in FSX. Being able to almost pay respects to the lesser known aircraft that was so important to the war effort yet always in the background is great. I really hope everyone enjoys the aircraft,” said Stephen 'stiz' Barstow

Now you will be able to experience the Anson with its unique cockpit visibility as you cruise over the FSX countryside in this classic Aircraft Factory release featuring;

- High resolution textures
- High quality, naturally animated crew figures
- Smooth, clear 3d gauges
- Four historical paint schemes
- Paint kit (a separate download)
- All the cockpit instruments are click-able
- Optimized for Accu-feel for an enhanced experience

A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

VH-MAL
Senior Airman

Re: Aircraft Factory - Avro Anson

Post by VH-MAL »

Thanks for this gem Lewis.

My father was in RAAF during WWII and was stationed at a couple of airfields where the Anson was operating, most notably Mount Gambier where they were used as training aircraft, mainly for the Air Observers School. On one occasion someone spotted what they thought was a Japanese submarine off shore, so a flight of Ansons were armed with bombs and headed off to attack the suspected vessel - all that was found the next day was a dead whale!

There is an Anson being restored at the Aviation Museum here in Adelaide, but it is unlikely that it will ever be returned to a fully airworthy example.

It will be wonderful to be able to 'fly' the Anson once more in Australian skies.

Thanks again from my Dad (now 90) and me - it will instil some great memories for him, particularly the Radio Operators compartment with which he was very familiar.

Mal

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

Stix? :mrgreen:

Ian P.

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Post by lucas »

I was surprised as well, when I was chatting with Lewis and he called him "Stix" :)

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

My interest on this one isn't just because stiz is a friend, or just because it's a British WW2 aircraft, either. My closest airfield to home and the place where I learned to fly was Halfpenny Green Airport (now Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green, previously RAF Halfpenny Green and RAF Bobbington very briefly). During the 1940s, this was a navigator's school amongst other roles and the place was Anson central - there were upwards of fifty on strength and according to perod reports from local villages, the 'skies were filled with Ansons'.

Halfpenny Green, today, stands very much as it did in period. The admin/accomodation area across the road is mainly gone and some of the WW2 buildings have been "repurposed" or demolished, but for the most part until it gets redeveloped under a plan to modernise the entire site, it stands as a testement to "temporary, relocatable" hangars and "temporary" brick huts... Sixty years later.

I did try and convince stiz to do an Anson X and a passenger version, for the ATA, as well, but he says the X is "ugly", the uncouth youth. :mrgreen:

Ian P.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

haha, i was very aware of that when I was typing it but still managed to hit X instead of Z. Sorry Steve! :lol:

dhasdell
Airman

Post by dhasdell »

I am pretty sure I have seen pics of an Anson in USAAF markings, maybe as a result of some unofficial exchange at some time.

One interesting fact about the Anson is that it was one of only two British aircraft to have been in production from before the war started until after it ended, the other being the Spitfire.
Rats! Why doesn't anything work properly first time?

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

is this airplane accu-simmed?
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

The fact that it is "Aircraft Factory" and not "Accu-Sim" answers that question.

Ian P.

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

Romeo_Tango wrote:is this airplane accu-simmed?
No, but Accu-feeled :D .
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

tbaac
Technical Sergeant

Post by tbaac »

YoYo wrote:
Romeo_Tango wrote:is this airplane accu-simmed?
No, but Accu-feeled :D .
Lewis - A2A wrote: Optimised for Accu-feel for an enhanced experience
(Which I'm sure is what you meant YoYo, but Lewis' quote to me says, "Accu-feel is ours, and we designed this aircraft around it") 8)

Thanks for the Tweet about it Lewis. I'm pretty excited about this one.

Anyone taken any video of it in use yet?
ImageImageImage

MSFS, xplane 12.
5600x, 32GB ram, RX 6800XT, Windows 11.

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

dhasdell wrote:I am pretty sure I have seen pics of an Anson in USAAF markings, maybe as a result of some unofficial exchange at some time.

One interesting fact about the Anson is that it was one of only two British aircraft to have been in production from before the war started until after it ended, the other being the Spitfire.
The Anson was actually in US hands throughout the war. Some were used when the US aircrew were arriving, but their aircraft hadn't yet (the same as Spitfires and many other random types which got painted in US markings...) of which some were kept on strength throughout the war for various reasons, while others were returned to the RAF/crashed/Damaged BER. Later in the war, Canadian built Ansons were intentionally purchased by the US and flown South of the border for reasons I have never actually established. They did, however, buy quite a few of various marks.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Aircraft Factory - Avro Anson MkI RELEASED

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yup as with all the aircraft factory aircraft she works great with Accu-feel :D

clyderoy
Airman Basic

Post by clyderoy »

As a 14 year old Air Cadet we flew from Blackpool Squires Gate RAF station around 1950, in Ansons. The pilots were older Officers, Sq. Ldr or Wing Comm who were not able to be combatant.We were called up to the pilot and had simple navigation training around the coast of Lancashire. Happy memories!

montypot
Airman Basic

Post by montypot »

Hi Lewis,
The Anson is a great aircraft, always wanted to see someone do this for FSX, and to have A2A step up was great. Have many A2A products and truly believe them to be not only the most accurate and absorbing to fly, but great value for money. Thumbs up guys, and looking forward to more top aircraft in the future. Cheers, Montypot

new reply

Return to “Avro Anson MKI”