Weird interaction with FS-Flight Control and A2A C172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
JDM
Airman Basic

Weird interaction with FS-Flight Control and A2A C172

Post by JDM »

Hi there

So we run a DIY cockpit for the 172 and purchased FS-Flight Control to be able to make changes on the fly without stopping the simulator. But whenever the a2a 172 gets loaded into, for some reason the engines are failed by FS-FC. I can clear the failure manually, but having that failure there each time I open the simulator seems like a hassle.

After digging a little deeper, I found out that all the controls that affect the aircraft are non-functional, but actually do work when switching to a default aircraft. I'm really not sure what to do at this point and contacting FS-Flight Control directly didn't give me any work arounds for the bugs I'm experiencing.

So I thought I might try here and see if anyone might have experienced this too or have an answer for me.

Thanks.
JM

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Weird interaction with FS-Flight Control and A2A C172

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if FS Flight Control is only changing the default values then I am afraid it will only be compatible with the relaxed realism flight simulations of the default platform. The Accu-sim line as well as many other simulations that have the more in depth modelling tend to use there own flight modelling, systems and engine simulations. This would explain the weird behaviours you are seeing.

I don't believe FS Flight Control have ever reached out to us for any compatibility bits but the guys over at https://www.fsipanel.com/ I remember did many years back and there software was made to work specifically with a range of Accu-sim products and other advanced simulations.

A little demo video if this is the sort of thing you are after?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

JDM
Airman Basic

Re: Weird interaction with FS-Flight Control and A2A C172

Post by JDM »

Thanks for the reply Lewis,

After checking the FSiPanel out, it does look really nice for what we need. But since we had already bought FS Flight Control, I'd rather not add more cost by buying more software if possible.

On compatibility though, FS Flight Control sent me an email previously that "they were happy to work together for better integration". Maybe there's some hope there to update their software for a2a. I'll send them an email on that, if that would help.

Thanks again for the help.
JM

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”