C172 Hard Start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
airernie
Airman

C172 Hard Start

Post by airernie »

It has been a while.. like several years since I've flown the A2A 172 so I've likely forgotten a few things. However, I was pretty sure that I knew how to start the engine, but even following the checklist I have a hard time getting the engine started.

the first attempts result in really rough engine noise, with no spin. Eventually it kick in.. sometimes after multiple attempts. sometimes after I've changed the battery. :-)

I have the latest FSX version.

Obviously I'm missing something.. any suggestions?
Thanks

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 Hard Start

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you are thinking it is flooded you can check the maintenance hanger. Otherwise, a quick start using ctrl E for example will start the engine but also prove that the engine is able to be started as if the engine is too messed up to start manually its also designed to not start using quick start too, so its a bit of a nice tester for if you really are unsure if you are doing something wrong or not.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

airernie
Airman

Re: C172 Hard Start

Post by airernie »

Excellent. Will give Ctrl-E a go. Maybe, I'm flooding it and just don't realize it. It started up instantly after running a bit, then being shut off. So, it appears cold vs warm may be my issue.

In any event, I have a solution..

Thanks..

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”