C172 Trainer issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
benlorencz
Airman

C172 Trainer issues

Post by benlorencz »

I installed C172 trainer into FSX, it shows up but has no battery power, engine is shot, etc. Cannot fix anything in maintenance hangar. Also have no joystick controls for throttle, rudder ailerons of elevators. When I installed setup would not install Direct X. I tried installing directly from Microsoft and got the same message. I am running Windows 10. Just wondreing if there is a solution.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C172 Trainer issues

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

sounds like it could be a version issue. Which version of FSX are you running, FSX updated to SP2 or even better FSX Steam edition is required.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

benlorencz
Airman

Post by benlorencz »

I am running SP2. I have never had an issue before with any 3rd party aircraft. All external lighting works, but I can get no power in cockpit.I can enter maintenace hangar and change battery which then tells me I have low voltage. Only joystick command that works is for trim. I have Saitek X45 controllers. I can go into pretrip and move around but cannot move ailerons, rudder etc. Would all of this be an issue because Direct X will not install?

Thanks,
Ben

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Maybe it's a SimConnect issue?
Do you have any other A2A "Accu-" products installed and working; or any addons that require SimConnect for example Active Sky, REX, FSUIPC?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

benlorencz
Airman

Post by benlorencz »

I have Active Sky and it works fine, I have no other A2A products

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you run the latest updater here;
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=57819

Also if you are new to the study level of Accu-sim have you read through the manual and checked your settings are set correctly?

Additionally can you let us know how you are loading into the flight as it does sound like a simple FSX error in that simconnect isn't loading in correctly causing a corrupt flight.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

benlorencz
Airman

Post by benlorencz »

I ran the updater before and it fixed some issues. When i first installed into FSX it would CTD when i tried to open the C172 trainer. After running updater it fixed that problem. I have read through the manual that comes with the aircraft and settings are as shown. I am loading into Program File(X86) Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\. When i run the installer or update it will not install Direct X. I get the same message " Setup could not download the file. Please retry later or check network connection". When i open the aircraft in FSX it shows up however it is used, cannot change this, only items in maintenance hangar i can change are wheel flarings, flap seals, engine heater. Can change battery however it goes to battery with low voltage. Cannot change tires, propeller, brakes etc. Not sure if it supposed to load in a used state with all of the maintenance issues. I have tried downloading from site three times and always have the same issue. Joystick controls work for hatview, brakes, trim but that is it. Cannot move yoke or rudder pedals with any input from keyboard or joystick.

Thanks,
Ben

benlorencz
Airman

Post by benlorencz »

The aircraft loads up in FSX, however it is broke down, battery shot, tires are no good, oil leaks, propellor is no good. I cannot change from a used plane to new or repair any of the maintemance issues so basically i have an aircraft that wont fly or even start. Cannot complete a preflight or change fuel and baggage, have no control input. Any help fixing these issues would be appreciated. Simconnect works fine, DirectX is installed on computer however when I run the installation it tells me it cannot download DirectX.

Thank you

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Firstly stop reinstalling. This happened to me when I first installed the a2a several years ago. It was the first complex addon for me.

I believe direct x would cause visual issues.

This sounds a lot like a problem with sim connect. You should be able to close the sim, re install simconnect reboot the PC to be extra cautious and try again. It is normal to have to repair the aircraft on a fresh install, both if every single component is broken and cannot be repaired that sounds like simconnect.

The msi file should be part of your fsx installation. It this disc based or steam fsx?

Do you know where your sim connect msi file is?

This info is extracted from an old trouble shooting post. Go with the automatic fix first. If that fails the manual looks quite a bit more extreme but may be worth a try.

AUTOMATIC
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... x?id=34429
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: https://a2asimulations.com/public/downl ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computer

MANUAL
To fix Simconnect, do the following (thanks to Aerosoft for posting these instructions):
- Go to the Control Panel / Add-remove programs.
- Ensure You have "show all updates" enabled.
- Find and select "Microsoft Flight Simultor X SP2".
- Click "Remove" and confirm that You will unistall SP2.

At this point You might not be able to find Your "Microsoft Flight Simultor X" entry in the Add/remove list, so.......

-Close the Add/remove program window and open it again.
-Find and select "Microsoft Flight Simultor X SP1".
-Click "Remove" and confirm that You will uninstall SP1 (might require FSX Disk 1).
-Go to this folder:

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\

-Delete these entries 3:
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_....
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_....
x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_....

- Insert Your "Microsoft Flight Simultor X" Disk 1.
- Run Setup from the root folder on the CD.
- Select "Repair" and ok. It can take a longtime to finish and progrees might seem as if it has haltet. Just wait until it finishes.
- Install SP1.
- Install SP2.

Simconnect has now been restored.

Original post viewtopic.php?f=108&t=35640
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

benlorencz
Airman

Post by benlorencz »

Thank you, I will give that a try, not sure if I still have the FSX disks so hopefully the automatic way works!

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”