core update?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cessna lover

core update?

Post by cessna lover »

i did a clean install of my flight simulator and i can't remember if i need the core update for this as well as the accu-feel updates or not? it's been a long time. i think the accufeel is for the default stuff and the a2a stuff is separate from that. maybe i'm just getting old but i just flat don't remember :oops:

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: core update?

Post by Tug002 »

Hello cessna lover. As far as I know any time you do a install or a re-install you have to update the aircraft.

Hope this helps you out.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Tug002 wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 07:51 Hello cessna lover. As far as I know any time you do a install or a re-install you have to update the aircraft.

Hope this helps you out.

Keep smiling
thank you for getting back to me on this. but it kind of don't help. do i need the Accusim_Core update version 1.6? and the Cessna Skyhawk update version 1.01? or just Accu-Sim Update 11/05/2020? i don't remember

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

If you're using FSX cessna lover, then simply run the core update from here after you've installed the 172. The older updates such as "accusim_core_update_v1.6" dating back to 2014 are deprecated.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Nick - A2A wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 08:57 Hello,

If you're using FSX cessna lover, then simply run the core update from here after you've installed the 172. The older updates such as "accusim_core_update_v1.6" dating back to 2014 are deprecated.

Thanks,
Nick
oh ok I'm using fsx+acceleration pack. so the accusim core update and the update file for the 172 can be deleted? cause I haven't used either of them.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, you can safely delete any of the old update files.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

:D okay thank you. enjoy the rest of your day 🙂

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

I'm not sure if i have asked this before or if any one else has without spending hours searching the forums. but do i have in run the direct x update when installing a2a planes? when i did a clean reinstall of every thing i just used the direct x the FSX put in. i did a couple flights that used to give me trouble and i was able to do them with a CTD so i think i will just install the rest of the A2A planes and leave direct x alone if it's not needed

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

When you do the direct X update all it does is check to see if it is up to date and if it is it will tell you, and do no update.

Keep smiling

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

oh ok. so that's not needed fort the a2a stuff? it's not going to change the way they fly or sound. cause some of the A2A planes as me if i want to update direct x but i cancel that.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

i know this ain't got two doughnuts to do with the core update. but when i run the updater file for the A2A planes i got a message saying i needed net frame work 3.5 i wonder if that is why i was have so many CTD's before is because i was missing needed files :?:

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Hi cessna lover, that is out of the range of my computer knowledge. Someone that would know something like that is Lewis. Maybe you could send him a PM and get an answer that way.
Sorry that I couldn't help.

Keep smiling

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Tug002 wrote: 06 Apr 2022, 08:09 Hi cessna lover, that is out of the range of my computer knowledge. Someone that would know something like that is Lewis. Maybe you could send him a PM and get an answer that way.
Sorry that I couldn't help.

Keep smiling
no worries. just go flying and fuhgeddaboudit! :lol:

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”