Can't keep this plane in the air!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
monkeysuncle
Airman

Re: Can't keep this plane in the air!

Post by monkeysuncle »

Finally able to spend time in the pit, as work has been brutal this week.

Sad to say, I still have this issue:

I am able to confirm that my controls are working properly when on the ground and the control lock is disengaged.
I can confirm that my controls are working properly just prior to take off.
I can also confirm that they are working as I climb after takeoff.
The yoke and it's control surfaces stop working shortly thereafter. The pedals remain fine.
I can confirm that the control lock is NOT engaged, visually and through the mini-control panel. In the control panel, it is greyed out and cannot be clicked on.

All I am doing as I climb is use the rudder pedals and the yoke, and the throttle. I am using no other controls, commands, buttons, switches.

It felt like controls did comeback after a minute of flying in circles, however, this was only for a few seconds, and they stopped again.

I am very close to giving up on this aircraft and finding another 172.

Ideas? Thanks, Dave

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Post by Raceguy »

HI Dave

I had an issue like this when I first started and found that windows was turning off power to the device.

Go into Device Manager and go through ALL of the HID items, Human Interface Devices, and look at their properties. If there is a tab at the top that says Power Management click on that tab and look for a check mark in the box that says something like allow the PC to turn off power to this device. Remove that check mark.

If that fixes it great. But keep in mind that future Windows updates can turn Power Management back on without letting you know. I'm in the habit of checking for this after every Windows update.

Ed

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

monkeysuncle
Airman

Post by monkeysuncle »

I'll check, Ed, thanks. Have to say, I've be using this device for seven years and never had this happen before. Only with this plane. BUt I will check, thanks.

monkeysuncle
Airman

Post by monkeysuncle »

Checked the Power Management, some devices needed it turned off, some didn't. I'm pretty sure SPAD.NeXT manages WIndow power management for all the devices it controls anyway.

Regardless, this didn't work. My controls just stopped working randomly waiting for taxi clearance. I changed planes to the default 172, my controls worked fine, I completed my flight.

I'm giving up on this aircraft, I've wasted hours trying to get it to behave, not to mention the hours all of you gave me trying to help. Thanks for that.

I hope I can get a refund. I had such hopes for this. Really bummed out.

Sad Dave

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dave,

Just getting caught up with this topic. Sure we can give you a refund if you're really not happy with the product, but I'm also sure it's not what causing the issue.

I'd really recommend that you you get back to the basics, and rather than using SPAD.neXt or any other third party apps to assign your yoke, you try a quick test flight with your primary flight controls assigned directly via the FSX control settings. This should give us a better idea of whether it's a setting in SPAD.neXt which is the culprit.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

monkeysuncle
Airman

Post by monkeysuncle »

I'll do that. I really want it to work.

I just got in the mail today, a bound version of the user manual! It's really sweet.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, cheers Dave - keep us posted.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”