Engine loses power (all A2A aircraft)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
robains
Staff Sergeant

Engine loses power (all A2A aircraft)

Post by robains »

I'm having a strange problem. All my A2A aircraft operate fine for about the first 3-5 minutes then they start losing power. Checked fuel values, mixture, all good, no damage reported, plugs good, carb heat on, etc. ... it feels like a cruel DRM joke.

I thought perhaps a ASP3D weather issue, but removed that as a variable. Tried custom weather with very icy conditions but that didn't trigger it. So far it seems to be limited to ground departure and climb out where I will have the engine power lose issue.

I have the exact same problem in all A2A aircraft (Cherokee, Commanche, 172, 182).

P3D V5.3 HF1+1

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Rob.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Engine loses power (all A2A aircraft)

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Rob,

I know you have quiet the setup so can I please ask you runt he sim without the all the extra controls and see how it behaves with the utter barebones just in case a control input is ghosting and doing something.

When did you notice this happening and can you track down anything that has changed on your system between it working ok and suddenly not working?

As well as the barebones try I'd also recommend not running a saved flight but a whole new free flight and also at least on one aircraft removing the .dat files to let new ones be generated.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

robains
Staff Sergeant

Post by robains »

Hi Lewis,

I did disable all but the airport in terms of add-ons (clear sky no ASP3D) ... and the problem persisted.

However, today, re-enabled the add-ons, did the same flight, and all is good?

When the problem appeared yesterday, the engine had fuel flow, it doesn't splutter ... it's acts as if the Carb Heat isn't working correctly in ice conditions (EA on) ... slow gradual lose of power. Can you tell me what conditions might trigger slow lose of engine power?

Cheers, Rob.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It could have been a bug in the flight load of your weather from the sounds of it, not all icing can be cleared with carb heat, ill bet the bug in the weather just iced everything for you from the get go. Reminds of me of MSFS recently in which the entire real weather went mental too, causing even CTD for some users.

If it pops up again let us know

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”