c172 Trainer/FSX CTD

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
zachlog
Airman Basic

c172 Trainer/FSX CTD

Post by zachlog »

While introducing myself to the C172, I had multiple CTDs and each time I had to exit/restart FSX. The CTDs occurred while on the ground, starting the engine, examining the various views, the avionics, etc. The product was downloaded sometime in the last week, running FSX SP2. I don't have this problem with other vendors' aircraft. Are there any patches for the C172 that must be applied after installing it ? Is there a known fix for the CTD ?
Thanks
zachlog

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: c172 Trainer/FSX CTD

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi zachlog and welcome,

The first thing to try is downloading and installing the Accu-Sim update that's available here.

If this doesn't help, please can you give us a bit more info about your system. For example, do you have any other add-ons running and if so, which ones? Quite often a good start when it comes to eliminating CTDs is to reset the sim to its default settings. You can do this by simply deleting or renaming the fsx.cfg file in the following directory: C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX .

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zachlog
Airman Basic

Post by zachlog »

Nick,

Thanks for the quick response. After posting my question, I took a look at the Win10 event log (I should have done it before posting) and every occurrence of the multiple CTDs with the C172 was due to FSUIPC4.DLL. Since I no longer use this product, I removed it from <FSX>\Modules and after a 2-hour test flight no CTDs.

Do you still recommend that I apply the product update you provided ?

Thanks,
Zach

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Zach - glad you appear to have found the culprit, though FSUIPC is usually pretty stable.

Yes, I'd definitely still recommend you install the Accu-Sim update.

Regards,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

zachlog
Airman Basic

Post by zachlog »

Hi Nick,
Just FYI.....This problem seems to be related to a known Windows issue, which impacted my configuration with FSUIPC. Peter Dawson documented this in the link below.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/84846 ... t-startup/

Regards,
Zach

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Zach thanks for the confirmation and the link. Will be of use should future simmers have the same issue.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”