Frame Rate Drop When Turning On Battery Master

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
flatdog
Airman Basic

Frame Rate Drop When Turning On Battery Master

Post by flatdog »

Good morning. Absolutely loving my C172 in Prepar3D 5.2. I have a strange issue; my frame rate on the ground with cold and dark cockpit is around 50 - 60 fps. As soon as I turn the battery master switch on this drops by about half. I have tried this with default aircraft and also the C140 available through ORBX and this does not happen. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Philip

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Frame Rate Drop When Turning On Battery Master

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Philip and welcome.

Good to hear you're enjoying the 172! With regards to the behaviour you mention, is any of the cockpit lighting turning on, especially the glareshield lighting?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

flatdog
Airman Basic

Post by flatdog »

Yes - that was it. I couldn't see the glareshield lights because of sunlight on the panel. As you turn the glareshield lights down you can actually see the frame rate going back up.

Many thanks,

Philip

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Philip - thought that might be the culprit although a 50% reduction in FPS sounds a bit excessive. However, there is an option via the "A2A C172 Aircraft Configurator" (available from the Windows Start Menu) to select an optimised dynamic lighting mode. This sacrifices a bit of the lighting quality (fewer light sources) for a reduced performance hit.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”