GNS400 CTD or hangs in C172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
diggusa
Airman Basic

GNS400 CTD or hangs in C172

Post by diggusa »

I Updated p3d FS to latest airac 2102 (i believe thats the number) from FSaerodata and now when I try to select a airport by dialing in airport ID to go direct, it crashes my sim or hangs?
I can select nearest airport and go direct and shoot all the approaches associated with that airport no problems. But when I try scrolling to nearest vor or wp and hit direct it hangs. Haven't tried loading a flight plan yet but I assume that would work with what I've seen. :( Any thoughts. Thanks

BTW: I bought the Mustang C510 at Flight1 and it loaded its own FMSdata in a folder so I updated that data from Navigraph. I had the gps in p3d aircraft way back do the same thing until I updated the data back in 2019 from FSareodata. But now it looks like its back..?? All data in GNS400 shows the new cycle.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: GNS400 CTD or hangs in C172

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello diggusa,

Is the default GPS gauge causing a CTD in other aircraft too (for example the stock P3D ones), or just in the 172?

Also, please can you check whether the "fs9gps" option or the "p3dgps" option is selected via the C172 aircraft configurator?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

diggusa
Airman Basic

Post by diggusa »

Thanks for replying Nick. Its crashing all the stock gps in p3d and a2a. Not sure where you want me to look for fs9 or p3d gps but Im pretty sure it is using the fs9gps.

diggusa
Airman Basic

Post by diggusa »

Figured out where the configurator is. It was on fs9.gps. I tried both and it still CTD.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info. Have you tried contacting FSaerodata for support or checking on their forum? I'm afraid I don't have any experience of using FSaerodata databases, so there's not much I can do to help if the problem isn't specific to an A2A products.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

diggusa
Airman Basic

Post by diggusa »

Nick - A2A wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 21:20 Okay, thanks for the info. Have you tried contacting FSaerodata for support or checking on their forum? I'm afraid I don't have any experience of using FSaerodata databases, so there's not much I can do to help if the problem isn't specific to an A2A products.

Cheers,
Nick

No I haven't except looking over forum. I would rather have up to date data while flying on Vatsim ,so Ill just make my C172 a /A. My F1 Mustang gps1000 works great but it updates its own data from Navigraph. To bad LM p3d and others cant make a product where the data base can be updated easily so we can have a enjoyable experience simming and not have crap not work trying to update a simple thing like data. Thanks anyways. Don

diggusa
Airman Basic

Post by diggusa »

Got it working, it was a scenery problem as usual. The c172 is up and running great as a /G. Tks again for everything.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Lovely jubbly, thanks for popping back to let us know. Was it a particular scenery not updating itself with the new aids/being incompatible as stock with the new data.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

diggusa
Airman Basic

Post by diggusa »

It was the fsaerodata that did not update properly. Had to turn it off and back on and let it reload. They say they are quitting at the end of year so If you want your FS updated with the current approach,nav data I would suggest everyone update soon. I like having updated data for flying on vatsim. To me its a must have. :lol: BTW there is a free version put out by SORS but I have never tried it.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Lovely stuff, thanks for the added info, it might help users who are searching the forums in the future.

happy flying in the virtual skies!

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”