Chock button disappeared

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ckolonko
Airman

Chock button disappeared

Post by ckolonko »

Hi everyone,

I've been using the FSX Cessna C172 for a while now and love the aircraft. I've learned so much from flying it.

Unfortunately, the I can no longer remove or add the chocks when conducting the walk around. This feature worked until very recently but now the button has disappeared. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft, losing my airframe and engine hours in the process, but can't reinstate this function. Any help?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Chock button disappeared

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Did you try the cold and dark button? If my memory is correct this will add the chocks. There is a few conditions that needs to be correct before the chocks can be added.
How do you load your flight?
A reinstall will, according to :a2a: not solve any problems, so stop doing that unless asked to do so by :a2a: staff. Check you documents folder, find the A2A folder and save a copy, maybe you hours is in a backup you can use.
Also make sure your new installation is updated, I think there’s a link in the top at the forum
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

ckolonko
Airman

Post by ckolonko »

Thanks Tomas. The chocks do appear most of the time when I set cold and dark or when I use the shift-3 menu to apply them. However, I've just pared the Cessna up now and the chocks don't appear when selected via the menus or the cold and dark option.

I assume you mean how do I load my flight in terms of saving then loading the game? I save in game using the semi-colon button after each use so I have a rolling save which replicates operating the plane in real life. I load from that save when coming back to the aircraft.

I'll give the A2A folder a check, thanks. The Cessna is updated to the current version.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello ckolonko,

One thing to bear in mind about the chock animation is that it's linked to the parking brake function in the sim, and that if your hardware (e.g. rudder pedals) is sending a slightly noisy brake input, this will tend to cause the parking brake to disengage and the chocks to disappear.

Also, make sure "advanced animations" is selected in the FSX for them to appear.

At Tomas say, reinstalling isn't something we recommend as the first step if you have an issue. In your case, it's odd that this caused you to lose your accumulated engine and airframe hours as the .dat files which save this info aren't removed during uninstallation.

However, as you have reinstalled, please can you manually delete the following file if it's present:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Cessna172\Update_fsx\client.wyc

And then rerun the Accu-Sim update from here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ckolonko
Airman

Post by ckolonko »

Thanks for advice Nick. Will give it a go.

Edit-

All fixed by deleting the file and re-applying the update. Haven't been able to fix the airframe and engine hours. I'll just have to fly the Cessna some more :D
Thanks for all your help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update and good to hear the issue is fixed ckolonko. For future reference, airframe hours for the 172 will be recorded by *log.dat files saved in the "Documents\A2A\Cessna172\FSX" folder.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”