Can you disable Engine/Plane damage

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
rockyoh
Airman Basic

Can you disable Engine/Plane damage

Post by rockyoh »

I love the A2A planes. Quick question, I also use the C172 for my grandkids to fly and it seems they love to crash the plane. Is there anyway to turn off the engine/plane damage feature temporarily for when they are flying or have it automatically repair when it reloads. I have the flight setup as the default flight so that it will reload after a crash, but I usually have to go and take the plane to the maintenance hanger and repair it before they can fly again.

Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Can you disable Engine/Plane damage

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi rockyoh and welcome.

Yes, you can turn off the Accu-Sim damage in the Shift 3 "controls" menu. You can also disable crash detection in FSX/P3D itself within the sim's "realism" settings if you wish to ruin the grandkid's fun! Doing the former should save you repeated trips to the maintenance hangar at any rate.

Just a word of caution of using the 172 as the default flight though. We advice against this as it can sometimes cause SimConnect initialisation issues and as a general rule it's better to stick with one of the stock aircraft for the default flight.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”