Cold and dark saved flights

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
newtie
Airman

Cold and dark saved flights

Post by newtie »

Hi-
Just installed the 172 and am happily flying around my general area.
What I'm doing is flying to a nearby airport and shutting the 172 down, that is, using Shift+3 and 'Cold and Dark'.
I would like to save this flight, and it's condition, to become the departure airport for my next flight.
So, my question is how sensitive is the 172 to being saved in a cold and dark state? I know more complex aircraft can have issues but unsure if the 172 falls into this category.

Thanks for creating a great aircraft,
Mark

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cold and dark saved flights

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mark,

The general rule of thumb is to avoid altering the default flight so that it uses a complex add-on such as one of the Accu-Sim planes.

However, if you manually save your flight after shutting the 172 down and then select this flight from the UI during a subsequent sim session, you should be okay. However, flight initialisation if a few complex add-ons are loaded simultaneously can be a bit unpredictable so bear this in mind if you also have complex airport scenery and weather add-ons etc. installed too.

One other thing to bear in mind is that the condition that you leave the Skyhawk in is persistent between sim sessions. In other words, you don't need to save the flight to find the aircraft as you left it.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

newtie
Airman

Re: Cold and dark saved flights

Post by newtie »

Thanks, that will work perfect.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”