VOR OBS knob not turning/Nav radio last 2 digts

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
737pilot
Airman Basic

VOR OBS knob not turning/Nav radio last 2 digts

Post by 737pilot »

hi..
quick question ..

I just bought the C172 and I'm trying to dial in the VOR freq in the nav radio (114.30) with the mouse but I can't seem to dial in the last 2 digits after the decimal (.30) in the radio...

How do you turn the last 2 digits. the 1st 3 digits turn fine with the big knob..

2nd.. I can't turn the OBS knob on the VOR gauge. Neither VOR 1 or VOR 2 gauges's OBS knobs turn. The needle is always display N (North) ...

Seen some youtube videos and and it seems all is required it to turn the OBS knob.. Mine just won't turn ...

I have my order # if it is needed to be provided here for tech support so let me know if its ok to post it here..

thanks..

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: VOR OBS knob not turning/Nav radio last 2 digts

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi and welcome to the A2A forums,

To tune frequencies with these units, you'll need to use your mouse scroll wheel. The same goes for the OBS knob and many other controls: basically the mouse wheel is a more natural and intuitive control, and having just one 'click spot' means it can be bigger rather having seperate increase and decrease sides to it.

You can also click and drag to operate some of the controls such as the OBS knob.

Please check out the avionics tutorials in this thread for some more useful info.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

737pilot
Airman Basic

Post by 737pilot »

Nick - A2A wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 05:31 Hi and welcome to the A2A forums,

To tune frequencies with these units, you'll need to use your mouse scroll wheel. The same goes for the OBS knob and many other controls: basically the mouse wheel is a more natural and intuitive control, and having just one 'click spot' means it can be bigger rather having seperate increase and decrease sides to it.

You can also click and drag to operate some of the controls such as the OBS knob.

Please check out the avionics tutorials in this thread for some more useful info.

Thanks,
Nick
hi Nick
and thanks for the reply … I actually tried all you mentioned above and still I can't get the gauage to move to the direction I want it..

I have even assigned the knob in SPAD.NET, have used the mouse scroll wheel, and also used the click and drag to move, but it's like it's stuck in that position. I moves maybe like 1 to 2 degrees and then jumps back to the same North position.

I'm only having this issues with the VOR1 and VOR2 OBS knobs. All the other knobs move perfectly with the mouse, scroll or assigned function through SPAD.NET...

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong...

thanks..
Russell.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Russell,

Okay, so it's just the OBS knobs that are causing a problem now? That's an odd one, but maybe there's a conflict with some other hardware/software. You mention SPAD.neXt so presumably there's Saitek hardware involved? Could you let us know what you have connected hardware-wise, and ideally disconnect it for testing, and just use the mouse wheel or click and drag actions to check they work okay.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

737pilot
Airman Basic

Post by 737pilot »

Nick - A2A wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 14:47 Hi Russell,

Okay, so it's just the OBS knobs that are causing a problem now? That's an odd one, but maybe there's a conflict with some other hardware/software. You mention SPAD.neXt so presumably there's Saitek hardware involved? Could you let us know what you have connected hardware-wise, and ideally disconnect it for testing, and just use the mouse wheel or click and drag actions to check they work okay.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks Nick... All sorted out now. .. I guess yes, there was a conflict with my other Prosim737 software as I have a full 737 setup running prosim.. I had to disconnect prosim737 and the MCP module and now everything works ok ..

have a good one. .
Russell.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Russell - good to hear the issue is resolved.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”