Mouse doesn't work withe the A2A C172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
fra.tripi
Airman Basic

Mouse doesn't work withe the A2A C172

Post by fra.tripi »

Hi guys, a few weeks ago I bought the A2A C172 for FSX and everything was ok, beautiful product, but unfortunately after like a week since I bought it, the airplane like freezed itselves.
What I mean is that if a try to click any button of the plane nothing happens, is like in a static state. Instead, if I try to move my yoke, rudders etc it works. At the beginning I thought it was a mouse problem but I realized that it works perfectly with all the planes I have (default and payware) except with your Cessna. May you help me? It's a very good product and I don't really like to fly the default C172 if I know I have the A2A one.
Thanks a lot.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Mouse doesn't work withe the A2A C172

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

can you please tell us a little more about your system. Did you add anything new or change anything between it working and not working. Finding that change will be the key to figuring out why something would change from working to not working.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

fra.tripi
Airman Basic

Post by fra.tripi »

Hi, unfortunatly nothing has changed on my fsx since I downloaded the C172...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what about the system, a program wont stop working by itself it requires a change somewhere to go from working to non-working.

Maybe you have a different default flight now for example?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

fra.tripi
Airman Basic

Post by fra.tripi »

Nope the system is always the same...is there anything I can send you to check if everything is okay?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what is the default flight?

As I say a computer requires input. So by its very nature it is a literal impossibility for nothing to have changed between something working and not working. Be it even as small as a saved flight change or the way you alunch the sim, a driver change or a windows update etc.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

fra.tripi
Airman Basic

Post by fra.tripi »

Well, the only thing that I changed has been the installation of the gtn650 by reality xp (but it stopped working before the installation) and I did some stuff with ivap (IVAO's software) 'cause it din't work but I don't think there's any connection with the 172. That's all, really...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ok thanks,

Can you please disable all your third party stuff so we can get back to basics and then try from there, for example a common issue of mouse not working is a feature of FSX and P3D in which line of sight is a requirement. So if you place your mouse inside the model geometry itself then all clickspots will no longer work. Have you moved your head position inside the seat or headrest?

thanks,
Lewis

fra.tripi
Airman Basic

Post by fra.tripi »

Hi, I just restored all the original 172's features but it still doesn't work. If you mean like trying to change the view inside the cockpit I tried but nope, sill doesn't work. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall but once again that's not the right way.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

is this a new flight or a saved flight?

I've never come across a mouse not working like you describe since release in 2013, so I am convinced something is interfering here, as the mouse use in the aircraft isn't any custom coding its just standard stuff for P3D interaction.

Can I ask what you are trying to interact with that isn't working exactly?

Are you using the click and or the mousewheel as the default platform ways to manipulate controls in the cockpit.

thanks,
Lewis

fra.tripi
Airman Basic

Post by fra.tripi »

Well, what I can tell you is that I'm using the mouse regulary, not using the wheel to click but the left and right click so..
I'd like to check if anything is interacting with the 172 making it not working, can I check it somewhere? Thanks
I'm sorry about this mess but I don't really know what's going on

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

try using the wheel in case you are trying to manipulate a wheel control part of the cockpit.

thanks,
Lewis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 09:21 (...) for example a common issue of mouse not working is a feature of FSX and P3D in which line of sight is a requirement. So if you place your mouse inside the model geometry itself then all clickspots will no longer work. Have you moved your head position inside the seat or headrest?
I think Lewis may be on to something with this question fra.tripi. You don't mention if you use any software such as ChasePlane or EZdok, but if you do, can you let us know?

You can test if the aircraft controls themselves are responding by using keyboard shortcuts. For example, try pressing "M" and then "+" and "-" to see if this moves the magneto selector.

If you can share a screenshot (or better still a video) showing how your virtual cockpit looks, it may help to diagnose if a shifted eye-point is the cause the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

fra.tripi
Airman Basic

Post by fra.tripi »

Hi, I tried to open the airplane in the simulator and at this time the mouse worked, but for the master gen switch only (and I didn't change anything) plus now the yoke and the mixture both don't respond if I move saitek's controls, they worked before. I tried to press M + and - to move the magnetos and it worked. Last but not least it's saying that my prop is strongly dameged (impossible 'cause I didn't even turned on the engine in past 3 weeks) and if I try to fix it in the hangar it doesn't work as well...
I took a screenshot of the cockpit but I don't know how to load it...I'm sorry, if I press "insert image" it tells me to attach the link but there is no link, is in my gallery.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”