ammeter not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
deadwat3r
Airman Basic

ammeter not working

Post by deadwat3r »

hello. as soon as I go full throttle on my 172 my ammeter stops functioning at all. I have flown 15 hours with no other issues, other than progressive taxi doesn't work this also happens in my 182 but not my bonanza. I haven't checked the constellation yet though. thanks for any help in advance.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: ammeter not working

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

Please can you give us a little more info on your installation such as which host sim you have the 172 installed in.

Could you also clarify what you mean by the "ammeter stops functioning at all". What are you doing to test if it's working?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

deadwat3r
Airman Basic

Post by deadwat3r »

hi I am playing in fsx:se and after a run up or sometimes just randomly but always well before I get into the air it indicates 0 amps today it started indicating +1-2 amps and that number does not change with rpm or turning off all electrical equipment. my volts light does not come on though, and I do not run into any battery issues even on 2 hour flights with almost all electrical things on the whole way.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info.

There’s nothing that indicates a problem based on your description. Bear in mind that the ammeter is showing the current flowing to or from the battery so in normal use when the generator is connected, the gauge should show close to 0.

However, if you switch on a few electrical consumers such as landing lights and place the generator switch in the ‘off’ position, you’ll see a negative reading as the battery discharges.

On the other hand, if the battery is already run down a bit and the engine is running and generator connected, you should see a positive reading to confirm it’s charging.

In other words, the main purpose of this gauge is to show you if there’s a problem with the electrical supply to the battery such as a generator failure.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

deadwat3r
Airman Basic

Post by deadwat3r »

even when I turn off the generator it stays the same. any switch or combination of switches will not cause any change. this is also not how my plane acted when I first got it

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Have you installed the latest Accu-Sim update for the 172? It can be downloaded from here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

deadwat3r
Airman Basic

Post by deadwat3r »

I have now. I will test it and report back as soon as I can. thanks

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”