Missing Avionics Master switch and Windows 10 compatibility issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
GhostFlyer
Airman Basic

Missing Avionics Master switch and Windows 10 compatibility issue

Post by GhostFlyer »

Hi All,

I've recently purchased & installed the A2A Accu-Sim C172 for FSX, but am having a few issues that need to be solved.

Problem 1: The A2A C172 loads & displays nicely with very nice clear virtual cockpit ... but the Avionics Master switch is missing, so I can't turn on any of the radio stack.

Problem 2: Following the install & trial of the A2A C172, each time I close FSX I now get a pop-up message (see screenshot link below) about "Compatibility settings have been applied", and my current aircraft choice and flight status are not saved (meaning that every session now starts with the awful FSX "Trike" selected, and over Puget Sound rather than at my home airport)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z8vbulw51uqv ... 0.png?dl=0

Before I head down the "uninstall & start again" path, has anyone seen this before or have any more targeted ideas for a solution?

FYI - I'm running FSX Gold Edition + Acceleration, new laptop with Win 10 Professional, Intel i7-9750H, 16MB RAM, nVidia GTX-1660Ti 6GB.

Thanks - Ian.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Missing Avionics Master switch and Windows 10 compatibility issue

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ian and welcome.

GhostFlyer wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 20:44 Problem 1: The A2A C172 loads & displays nicely with very nice clear virtual cockpit ... but the Avionics Master switch is missing, so I can't turn on any of the radio stack.
Are you sure the switch is missing? You should find it in the same place as in the real aircraft which is directly underneath the left yoke shaft. This is a bit inconvenient in the simulator as it means the switch(es) can't be seen/clicked unless you push the yoke forward and to the left or right.

GhostFlyer wrote: 29 Jan 2020, 20:44 Problem 2: Following the install & trial of the A2A C172, each time I close FSX I now get a pop-up message (see screenshot link below) about "Compatibility settings have been applied", and my current aircraft choice and flight status are not saved (meaning that every session now starts with the awful FSX "Trike" selected, and over Puget Sound rather than at my home airport)
Please can you just confirm which aircraft you have saved in your default flight? Unfortunately using a complex aircraft which uses external code (such as the A2A 172) for this can cause problems. For this reason, we always recommend customers use one of the stock FSX/P3D aircraft for the default flight.

One last thing: please make sure you download and run the latest Accu-Sim installer which can be found here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

GhostFlyer
Airman Basic

Post by GhostFlyer »

Hi Nick, thanks for your quick response.

Problem #1 is solved :) ... once I used my TrackIR I was able to look around the cockpit much more easily and found the Avionics Master under the control column as you suggested. Without my TrackIR I just wasn't getting the right angle of view to see it there.

Problem #2 still needs some more investigation when I have some more time ... it still seems to be an issue so I'll try your suggestions on the weekend and post back again when I know more.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Ian - good to hear the avionics switch issue is resolved.

Yes, as regards problem #2 let us know how you get on and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

GhostFlyer
Airman Basic

Post by GhostFlyer »

Hi Nick,

Update on issue #2 ... I did the upgrade as you suggested and that was good (and I like the marketing angle of the installer that also shows me all of the aircraft that didn’t need upgrading - i.e. those I don’t have, but look shiny & new ...) :wink:

The problem with the pop-up about compatibility settings only seems to occur if I have at any time during the session run FSX in full-screen mode rather than in windowed mode. This lines up with another FSX user's report I found while googling for answers ... I tried their suggestion relating to using an older version of one of the FSX program components (sorry, I’m on another device now and can’t recall the file name) but so far a solution has eluded me.

So ... not sure if it’s directly related to A2A's C172 or not, but at least I seem to have a workaround for the moment and it’s not preventing me from running things as far as I can tell.

I’m still in the process of upgrading my sim setup and knocking the rust off my FSX skills so perhaps I may find an answer along the way ... if so I'll post details here.

Cheers - Ian.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”