Joystick Hat problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
MikeLaMenace
Airman Basic

Re: Joystick Hat problem

Post by MikeLaMenace »

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your prompt answer. I confirm that after reading your comments above, I removed the cessna 172 by default. This does not change the problem. Still half running and loss of Yoke.

I disabled the Yoke USB and reinstalled, but nothing.

I haven't any idea.

Best regards,

Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mike,

What aircraft now loads with your default flight and have you tried restoring the original default scenario for P3D?

Also, please can you let us know if any other flight sim utilities are running when you launch P3D.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

latebloomer
Airman

Post by latebloomer »

I have changed the default plane to a stock PV3D aircraft, the Piper cub. It is shown rotating at the top of the left side of the first screen. Same problem with the Hat not working with this aircraft or if I change to the A2A Cessna without changing the default plane. I'm dead in the water and not using this system at all.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Apologies latebloomer - missed relying to your latest post. It does sounds rather like the hat switch itself is defective though, if it's affecting all aircraft even after resetting your default flight. Have you tried it in any other games?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Please answer the below questions.

1. Do you use FSUIPC, or SPAD.neXt? If so, do you have either one of these configured for the hat switch and causing it to conflict with your simulators control configs? If you DO use either of these, you MUST delete the function from your simulators controller configs. They will conflict with each other.

2. . Have you gone to Windows game controller setup and looked at the "properties" of the yoke to visually verify the hat position function? If it fails there, then it's (most likely) a hardware issue. If not, then there's hope.

3. How about any other aircraft? Does the issue still happen with the stock aircraft? (Depending on the answer to question 1 above), If YES, then it's either a hardware (yoke) issue, or a conflict with your controller settings. If NO, then there may be something unique to the A2A aircraft.

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”