Joystick Hat problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
latebloomer
Airman

Joystick Hat problem

Post by latebloomer »

After using my prepar3V4 for several days, the HAT button on my Thrustmaster 16000 started only working in the "up" direction. Once in position you could not pull it down. After doing some resets and calibrations of the HAT it now doesn't even go up. Dead. Help!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Joystick Hat problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Please see my reply in the previous topic you posted latebloomer.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

latebloomer
Airman

Post by latebloomer »

Thanks for that suggestion but it did not work either. A box came up stating that you cannot go back to raw input after doing this. Noticed that the zoom up and back doesn't work either, even before doing this change.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Is this a global issue which affects other aircraft in the sim? Also, are you using any third party camera add-ons such as EZdok or ChasePlane?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

latebloomer
Airman

Post by latebloomer »

It is a global issue and affects all aircraft. No, I'm not using any other companies ad ons.

latebloomer
Airman

Post by latebloomer »

There's another issue that I haven't mentioned. Before you take off, there are 4 rectangular reddish boxes 1/4" X 1/2" wide about 1/2" apart in the left lower field. You can see thru them and they pass out of sight on the left as you take off.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

If it's a global issue it seems very likely to me that your joystick switch may have failed...
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, it might be worth checking that the switch itself hasn't actually failed.

However, please can you let us know which aircraft loads with your default scenario in P3Dv4 latebloomer? If you're using a complex add-on such as the A2A 172, this can cause problems.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

latebloomer
Airman

Post by latebloomer »

The Cessna 172 is the default upload. I just tested the Thrustmaster in the windows 10 game controller. N, S, E, W and 360 rotation all work fine. I don't think this is a Thrustmaster issue. I think the 4 reddish boxes and strange sky outlines are from not using raw data an longer. I'm also in contact with the support Pd3 forum.I found That the zoom up and back are working after all.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, just to clarify, do you mean that when you first launch P3Dv4, the A2A C172 is the aircraft that appears revolving in the 'vehicle' box at top left of the screen?

If so, as mentioned this can cause problems and is potentially linked to the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

latebloomer
Airman

Post by latebloomer »

Yes Nick. The C172 is the plane rotating in the upper left of the screen when prepar3D is first launched. I presume that's the "default" aircraft. I don't know where else the default plane is indicated.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for confirming latebloomer. Please resave your default flight so that it uses one of the stock P3D aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Sorry to butt in, but please try Chaseplane if you haven't.

Since getting it and enduring the steep learning curve, I wonder how I ever managed without it.

Just a friendly 2-cents !
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

MikeLaMenace
Airman Basic

Post by MikeLaMenace »

Hi,

I have the same issue with my Yoke Saitek Pro Flight. Impossible to change the view (only the hat joystick runs only with the up view) and after 10 minutes, I lose the yoke (disappearance of the USB port).
My P3D is brand new and when I uninstall the A2A Cessna, everything works normally (Joystick OK and no loose USB).

I think there may be a key conflict but I can't find it.

Sorry for my bad English :)

Best regards,

Mike

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Mike and welcome to the A2A forums.

It seems this issue with the joystick hat can sometimes be related to saving an A2A aircraft within the default scenario in P3D. Please can you confirm how you launch into the sim and which aircraft first loads when you first do so?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. No need for apologies - your English is absolutely fine. :)
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”