Flight1 gns not linking with a2a cdi

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Hf17
Airman Basic

Flight1 gns not linking with a2a cdi

Post by Hf17 »

Hi. For some reason, the cdi needles are not moving even when the gps is in gps mode. Im also unable to do lpv approaches. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Flight1 gns not linking with a2a cdi

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi and welcome to the A2A forums.

Other users of Flight1 GPS products have reported than updating to the latest version of the Flight1 software has resolved similar problems.

However, we'll be better able to help if you can give us a bit more info. For example, which host simulator are you using, and which aircraft?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Hf17
Airman Basic

Post by Hf17 »

I am using p3dv4 and the a2a c172. Im pretty sure the c172 is up to date. Ill have to check to see if the gps is up to date. I just bought the gps

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, please let us know how you get on; if the issue persists can you check CDI deflection using a default P3D aircraft such as the Maule M7 too.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

I can get the default aircraft follow gtn route but not A2A
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Configure it in the Flight1 GTN app.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

MeatServo
Airman Basic

Post by MeatServo »

Having the same issue with all A2A products. CDI seems to be driven by the default GPS, and Prepar3d flight plans only. Nav source button doesn't work either, only when pressing obs. Flight1/A2A Software/P3D are all up-to-date.
A Real World Airline Pilot -- https://www.twitch.tv/captainbandages/

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Please make sure the default NAV radios aren't failed in the P3D failures menu and double-check that it's definitely the most recent version of the Flight1 software that you have installed. (i.e. don't just rely on their updater tool). Other customers have reported that downloading updates to the Flight1 software has fixed similar issues.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MeatServo
Airman Basic

Post by MeatServo »

Nick - A2A wrote: 23 Feb 2020, 11:58 Please make sure the default NAV radios aren't failed in the P3D failures menu and double-check that it's definitely the most recent version of the Flight1 software that you have installed. (i.e. don't just rely on their updater tool). Other customers have reported that downloading updates to the Flight1 software has fixed similar issues.

Thanks,
Nick
Failures are off. Fresh install with latest installer after removing everything Flight1 related in ProgramData, AppData, Prepar3d folder. CDI is still driven with the Prepar3d Flight Plan. Not sure if its A2A integration or Flight1 at fault.
RealityXP version works fine and so does the GTN.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It's probably worth double-checking various options in the Flight1 configurator. There have probably been various updates to the Flight1 product since the 172 integration was last updated. Unfortunately it's a bit harder for us to track of any issues with Flight1 integration as they don't have open forums like RealityXP.

If you own the RealityXP GNS and it's working for you, how come you wish to use Flight1 version?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MeatServo
Airman Basic

Post by MeatServo »

Nick - A2A wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 15:17 It's probably worth double-checking various options in the Flight1 configurator. There have probably been various updates to the Flight1 product since the 172 integration was last updated. Unfortunately it's a bit harder for us to track of any issues with Flight1 integration as they don't have open forums like RealityXP.

If you own the RealityXP GNS and it's working for you, how come you wish to use Flight1 version?

Thanks,
Nick
I had the Flight1 version first. Configurator is setup correctly. Probably something on their end.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”