BENDIX KING KX 155A TSO NAV RADIO DISPLAY ISSUE

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
fasurveyor
Airman

BENDIX KING KX 155A TSO NAV RADIO DISPLAY ISSUE

Post by fasurveyor »

Greetings!

It has been a bit since I've had to write to the 'forum/tech support'.

To state my 'currency' with A2A, I've moved my 'old account across to the new account today. Am anticipating I will be able to find the new 'updt' icon in my Win 10 Start Up Menu.
I should also mention that I did 'migrate' to Win 10 on 122910. That being said, I've gotten the updates, including one yesterday to this new OS.

Please find the 'attached' picture that greeted me when I restarted my 'saved flight' in 'FSX' (NO STEAM or PD3 at this time!)
Well.. it appears that I can not 'attach' a photo! perhaps you can explain the [img] and how I use that too? Should you do this, I might be able to figure out how to insert the 'jpeg'

The photo I want to send shows the Comm1 & Nav1 radios LED DISPLAYS in this 'format': 22:/13 236/41 224/5 | 224/51
The Comm2|Nav2 displays the same 'format' but different numbers.

You might surmise that I was rather 'confounded' how this could happen. 6hrs later, I rebooted my pc and restarted FSX, 'Loaded' the 'Saved' flight and the 'normal' display was there. This caused me some anxiety/aggravation as I was denied use of this aircraft for that length of time. OTOH it did 'force' me to come to the A2A page and 'update' my account. Am I to expect another 6hr delay when I replay this flight?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: BENDIX KING KX 155A TSO NAV RADIO DISPLAY ISSUE

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello fasurveyor,

A couple of customers have reported the same issue in recent years (here's one example) and in both cases, a simple restart of the sim apparently fixed the problem. There's no need to wait for 6 hours or anything before attempting this: I'd always recommend simply relaunching FSX or P3D if you suspect the aircraft hasn't initialised properly. (Sometimes this will be accompanied by green scrolling text at the top of the screen announcing a SimConnect error.)

Such issue are rare, but they're more likely when using saved flights and especially if the default flight in the sim uses a complex add-on.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. There's some info here on adding images to forum posts.
A2A Simulations Inc.

fasurveyor
Airman

Post by fasurveyor »

Thank you Nick for your quick response. Thank you to for the info how to upload an image!...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome - please do drop us a line if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”