Engine start failure

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
latebloomer
Airman

Engine start failure

Post by latebloomer »

New user. Upon installing A2A C172 trainer adon to prepar3 v4, it locked up and would not finish after more than 20 mins. I had to hit cancel and wait a bit. It works fine for the other prepar3 planes but has a auto starter problem with the Adon. The first couple times it worked but stumbled after takeoff. Then it would crank but not start. then not even crank. Control-E does nothing now. It has gas. The ampmeter says -15.7 amps with the key on. The only error I get is that the attitude indicator is off. It says to hit D but it does nothing. Help! I really want to fly this thing since I'm about to restart flying lessons.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engine start failure

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Did you check the fuel using the “shift + F5” menu?
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi late bloomer and welcome to the A2A forums.

Yes, please make sure you check that fuel and oil quantity in the custom "payload and fuel manager" which is opened with the Shift 4 key combo (I know that's what Tomas meant :wink: ) rather than using the default P3D fuel menu. It's also worth checking the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) if the autostart function isn't working.

The manual for the 172 Trainer can be found under the "A2A Simulations" folder in the Windows Start Menu and it covers a few of the areas where this add-on differs from default P3D aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

latebloomer
Airman

Post by latebloomer »

A big "Thank you" to Tomas and Nick. Shift 7 was an eye opener! Forget I had damaged the plane my first couple of tries. It only needed an engine overhaul and a new prop! Quick & free repairs> Flying great now!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome! Good to hear you're back up and running and thanks for posting the update.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

latebloomer
Airman

Re: Joystick problem

Post by latebloomer »

My Thrustmaster has been working fine with my P3DV4 and C172 adon until today. The top button on the handle that moves the view in all directions only works for "up". I can't fly it that way.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Other P3Dv4 users who have encountered this issue have reported that using the "Direct Input" control method is one solution ("Options" → "Controls" → "Other"). Lockheed Martin state that the default raw input is the preferred method, whilst the deprecated direct input method can be used if problems are encountered with specific controllers such as in your case.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”