PBR broken since last update

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
avduarri
Senior Airman

PBR broken since last update

Post by avduarri »

Hi,

Since the last update, I don't have PBR inside the cockpit anymore. The lights appears to be dynamic lightnning, but I don't have the beautiful PBR in the yokes, panel, etc.. and looking outside (from inside the cockpit) all the fuselage looks dark (including the pitot tube cover and tiedowns). Before applying the last update all was showing fine.

I don't have any kind of shaders installed and I only use P3D settings.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Re: PBR broken since last update

Post by avduarri »

Switching from N346CP repaint to the rest of repaints I can see the exterior from the cockpit (no black textures) but using N990CP the exterior looks black looking from the cockpit view.

In all repaint looks like PBR is not working inside the cockpit, but from any exterior view point, the exterior model looks PBR.
Last edited by avduarri on 25 Dec 2019, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and Merry Christmas,

have you restarted the sim or your system since the issue occurred?

I've had this happen with the default PBR f16 and a sim restart was required for me. Seems to be a P3D quirk.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Hi Lewis,

A sim and system restart has changed nothing. I tried reinstalling the C172 but the issue remains.

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

I post some images about what I'm seeing.

The first one you can see that from the external spot view looks like the PBR is working:

But when in the virtual cockpit you can see that it's the old non-PBR cockpit:

Looking outside from the virtual cockpit there's this dark/black texture (only in the N346CP repaint):

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Interesting, ill have the guys look into it after Christmas. In the meantime can you please let me know what you have selected in the aircraft config application and also that if your P3D was a fresh full install or a client only update? (Full installs including content etc are required for correct use of the newer PBR features in P3D).

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

avduarri
Senior Airman

Post by avduarri »

Hi Lewis,

Thank you.
In the Aircraft Config all items are the default ones after install (Dynamic lights mode normal, GPD default fs9, 4K 100%).
The P3d is a full up to date fresh install (I made a full P3d install 2 weeks ago because after updating only the client in the last two P3d updates I decide to "clean" all I make a full clean install).
Apart from the C172, I have installed the Bonanza, the FSLABS A319/A320, PMDG NGXu, Active Sky/ASCA, UTLive, GSX and the Flight1 GTN/GNS units.

The original PBR update for the C172 worked fine for me, the issue appeared since the last week update. I haven't installed/uninstalled nothing between.

My system is an i7-6700, GTX1060 6Gb, 16Gb RAM and Win10.

Merry Christmas

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I've gone back to the pre-updated version. The update seems to have reverted back to the old model and non-PBR virtual cockpit, which needs the c172_t.dds file to also display any external part of the aircraft, viewable from the VC.

Steve.

If anyone happened to make a backup before updating the C172, just replace the c172_interior_p3d4_pbr.MDL in the model.pbr folder with the older one. It's twice the size of the "newer" one as it's probably the old non-PBR version added by mistake.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello guys,

We've looked into this one and there was indeed a problem with the PBR cockpit model introduced with the 19.12.22.1 update, just as Steve describes above.

If you run the updater for the 172, it should find and fix this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience with this one over the Christmas hols! :)

Best wishes,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”