GPS (Reality-XP vs flight1)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
john.downen.1
Airman

GPS (Reality-XP vs flight1)

Post by john.downen.1 »

Hello all, I am looking at getting a payware GPS and I would like to go with the GTN 650 - 750 from Reality-XP for a cheaper price but the configurator only lists them for Flight1. My question is. Will the Reality-XP GPS work for these planes or is it a code thing?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: GPS (Reality-XP vs flight1)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello John,

Although the Aircraft Configurator for the 172 doesn't yet include the RXP 750 and 650 (these units were released after the 172) it should be possible to get them to work just fine.

First of all, use the A2A Aircraft Configurator to select the Flight1 GTN option. Then, once you've installed the RXP units, use the RealityXP "setup aircraft" tool to detect and replace the F1 gauge entries with RXP ones. This option is available from the P3D top menu, and should look something like this. Note that you need to select the "no bezel" option for the VC as shown.

A second, optional, step is required to enable the bezel buttons and rotary control. For more information on the end-user workaround which was developed, please refer to this post by 'BillS511' on RXP's support forum. RXP's forum on Avsim is a very useful source of info, and you can also check out the info in this post by Bill too.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

john.downen.1
Airman

Post by john.downen.1 »

Thank you Nick, your help is much appreciated it works perfectly...

Thanks
John

dpergau
Airman Basic

Post by dpergau »

This worked like a charm for the Comanche as well. Thank you!

Dan
Dan Pergau
Proud A2A C172, PA24-250, V35B and L1049 owner
Barrie, Ontario

dpergau
Airman Basic

Post by dpergau »

Deleting my post as it is not applicable to the C172. Sorry about that
Dan Pergau
Proud A2A C172, PA24-250, V35B and L1049 owner
Barrie, Ontario

newtie
Airman

Post by newtie »

Nick - A2A wrote: 24 Nov 2019, 11:00 Hello John,

Although the Aircraft Configurator for the 172 doesn't yet include the RXP 750 and 650 (these units were released after the 172) it should be possible to get them to work just fine.

First of all, use the A2A Aircraft Configurator to select the Flight1 GTN option. Then, once you've installed the RXP units, use the RealityXP "setup aircraft" tool to detect and replace the F1 gauge entries with RXP ones. This option is available from the P3D top menu, and should look something like this. Note that you need to select the "no bezel" option for the VC as shown.

A second, optional, step is required to enable the bezel buttons and rotary control. For more information on the end-user workaround which was developed, please refer to this post by 'BillS511' on RXP's support forum. RXP's forum on Avsim is a very useful source of info, and you can also check out the info in this post by Bill too.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,
I tried this and everything worked except for one thing. The GTN750 in the panel is black, but when I click on the outside bezel, the GTN will open in a separate window.
Any ideas on what could cause this?
Thanks,
Mark

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”