Installation issue with all aircraft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
admoney58
Airman Basic

Installation issue with all aircraft

Post by admoney58 »

So I recently decided to move to a dual boot system, using a new 1TB SSD for new Win10Pro OS and clean up for flight sims only. I uninstalled all addons and P3dv4.4 from old SSD and installed on the new SSD (P3Dv4.5). Accu-Sim installed no problem. When I started installing aircraft, it was forcing me to default to the OneDrive for installation. Each A/C install I got the same error message, saying it couldn't write the code_s.xml file, so I ignored for each install and started up P3D, but none of the aircraft will start ("dead" as it sounded similarly to another poster). I've uninstalled all A2A products and went back scrubbing for any instance of A2A residuals I can find, but regardless every time I start up an installer it claims I still have A2A on the OneDrive and will only install there, where I always get the same file not copying; I suspect it is due to the OneDrive and I uninstalled the OneDrive app but I still get the msg. I also went back and scrubbed any instance of A2A from my old SSD but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Installation issue with all aircraft

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello admoney58,

If you've definitely cleaned out any leftover A2A files/folder in the OneDrive directory where you previously installed, it should just be a case of launching P3D once to allow it to flush its add-on.cfg files, as mentioned in the installer UI. After this, you should be able to install to a new directory.

If this isn't working*, are there still any references to A2A in either of P3D's add-ons.cfg files? These can be found in the following two locations by default:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

Thanks,
Nick

*A bug in a previous version of P3Dv4 caused an issue with how the sim writes to these files, but I can't recall now if this was V4.3 or v.4.4.
A2A Simulations Inc.

admoney58
Airman Basic

Post by admoney58 »

Yes, specifically in the user folder...can I just delete the reference (package.0) or do I need to rename it in any specific way?

[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Users\admon\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.1]
PATH=C:\Users\admon\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Envtex
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.2]
PATH=C:\Users\admon\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Reality XP GNS
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.3]
PATH=C:\Users\admon\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\utLive
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.4]
PATH=C:\Users\admon\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.5]
PATH=C:\Users\admon\OneDrive\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Accu-Feel
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

admoney58
Airman Basic

Post by admoney58 »

Viola! I just changed to path back to my SSD and installed with no errors. I'll ramp it up and if I don't check back in I'm all good.

I think we met at FlightSim2019 in Orlando. Thanks!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good stuff and thanks for the update - yeah, deleting or editing the entry you found should both do the trick.

And Scott and Jake were indeed at FlightSimExpo 2019 back in June, so you may have bumped into them. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”