Reading KAP 140 Status into Air Manager

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Magnus
Airman

Reading KAP 140 Status into Air Manager

Post by Magnus »

Hello,

I would like to built a KAP140 Gauge in air manager (C172). I struggling with missing LVARs to read the current status of the autopilot (NAV/HDG/APR/...).

I am aware of the LVARS for the buttons like below from the A2A pdf and I am also aware of the long list of A2A LVARS taken from FSUIPCS linked in another thread here in the forum. It does not seem to provide the LVARs for the status neither.

Just the overal On/Off status "AUTOPILOT MASTER" I could retrieve successfully so far.

Example: I need an equivalent to "AUTOPILOT HEADING LOCK" which gives the status for HDG active in the standard FSX autopilot. It is not working for the A2A KAP140.

Is this not provided in general?

Buttons go here but don't help me with the status. Building an independant status scheme in the LUA script won't work.

Rgds,

Stefan

AP button - (L:kap140_ap_button,bool), also set (L:kap140_ap,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
HDG button - (L:kap140_hdg_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_hdg,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
NAV button - (L:kap140_nav_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_nav,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
APR button - (L:kap140_apr_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_apr,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
REV button - (L:kap140_rev_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_rev,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
ALT button - (L:kap140_alt_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_alt,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
UP button - (L:kap140_up_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_up,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
DN button - (L:kap140_dn_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_dn,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
ARM button - (L:kap140_arm_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_arm,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
BARO button - (L:kap140_baro_button,bool) , also set (L:kap140_baro,bool) to 1, don’t change to 0 on button release
AP inner knob - (L:kap140_InnerKnob,percent) (range: 0 – 100)
AP outer knob - (L:kap140_OuterKnob,percent) (range: 0 – 100)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Reading KAP 140 Status into Air Manager

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Stefan,

For the example of autopilot heading mode which you give, have you tried the "L:kap140_hdg" variable from that list? It should have a value of 1 when the mode is engaged, and 0 when it's not.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Magnus
Airman

Re: Reading KAP 140 Status into Air Manager

Post by Magnus »

Hello Nick,

no it is not so. When subscribing to "L:kap140_hdg" I see it just switching to 1 and immediately back to 0

fsx_variable_write("L:kap140_hdg_button","number",1) instead keeps the button (grafically) pressed. Subscription on it also retrieves the pressed status as true.

Still not shure what this does:

fsx_variable_write("L:kap140_hdg","number",1)

It used to switch HDG mode happily on and of in the vc. As I write this down it does nothing. The standard command fsx_event("AP_HDG_HOLD_ON", 1) instead works consistently. Applies for all other buttons except of DN and UP as their usage differs from the standard autopilot.

I will experiment some more but frustration is growing in me.

So after all ... the A2A C172 with its realistic KAP140 is truely fantastic. But the obvious inability to "move" the KAP140 to an external cockpit is a real shortcoming. It is possible with the X-Plane KAP140. So is an X-Plane KAP140 gauge available in air manager.

A consistent interface of your KAP140 to air manager would shurely be appreciated. Same applied for the other avionics devices. Could you take that on the roadmap for development maybe?

Rgds,

Stefan

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”