Input Configurator

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SirGr3mlin
Airman

Input Configurator

Post by SirGr3mlin »

Hey guys, me again.
So, ive been having some issues with the input configurator and binding anything to any trigger. for instance, i bound joystick 1: button 1 to headset on. saved and loaded up P3D, and found that the binding wasn't reflected when pressing the button in sim.
i was wonder if there was a way to check if the binding took? like check a file or something.
at this stage i only use the input configurator to increase the mag by 1 when moving from both to start.
cheers for the help guys!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Input Configurator

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hey Chris,

If you're having issues using the input configurator with a hardware device, the first thing to check is that you have controllers enabled in P3D itself? Some FSUIPC users will untick this option, but it needs to stay ticked for the configurator to work.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Also make sure you run Input Config in admin mode.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

SirGr3mlin
Airman

Post by SirGr3mlin »

Hi Nick, thanks for your reply, yes that was the first thing i checked i thought i might have turned it off. i have tested running in admin mode to with no success thats why i was wondering if the there is a file i can check.
EDIT: ummm... ok so i found something really interesting out, i tried binding a keyboard key numpad delete to INC mag. and tested it and it seems to work, so that means the key binding is working.I then changed the Input Method from "DirectInput" to "Raw Input" and bound the HID device button to mag inc and it now is working. i mean i have to rebind all my yoke, joystick and everything else but its working! WOOP WOOP. must be something on my Computer with how its handling the inputs.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad to hear you're back in business Chris. Yeah, swapping the P3D input method was pretty much next on the troubleshooting list; or at least just after unplugging and reattaching the joystick in question.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”