My Brake Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
spe444
Airman Basic

My Brake Issue

Post by spe444 »

My Brake issue is that when i activate my saitek rudder axis it activates the differential brake in the plane.
I believe i have read all the posts regarding the solution to the brake problem and have tried them all.

when i reinstall the 172 it works great for one flight. then differential bakes and no parking brake functionality.
deleting the .bak file and the others in the A2A documents folder does nothing.

I feel like a $50 add on should work.
Everything else about the plane is awesome!

Advise please on a working solution. thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: My Brake Issue

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

This sounds like a control conflict. It's standard behaviour for FSX/P3D to trigger differential braking if the default brake input is combined with rudder input.

However, in order for us to help, please can you give us a little more info.

1. Which host simulator do you use?
2. What hardware are you using for rudder, toe brakes and parking brakes?
2. Do you use any software outside the sim for assigning these controls? (e.g. Saitek software of FSUIPC)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dan M
Airman

Re: My Brake Issue

Post by Dan M »

when i reinstall the 172 it works great for one flight. then differential bakes and no parking brake functionality.

This sounds like something I had happen with my CH Pro pedals once. The solution for me was:

1) Delete assigned buttons/controls for these in P3D (not the defaults, just any you may have added, including axis)
2) Close P3D, unplug the pedals from the PC
3) Restart the PC
4) Plug in the pedals
5) Start P3D, calibrate the pedals

It's OK if you don't have any custom bindings to delete in step one. From what I've read in other forums, this might be more a Windows issue than a P3D one. The order in which USB devices are plugged in can sometimes cause a problem.

If you happen to be using FSUIPC I would also double-check that there aren't any conflicting settings (control bindings) in there.
Dan M

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”