Prepar3D Tracking Throttle Percent

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
AmeenGuy
Airman Basic

Prepar3D Tracking Throttle Percent

Post by AmeenGuy »

Hello,
I am trying to track the C172's throttle percentage in Prepar3d by using some SimConnect commands. In short, the program requests data every second from the Prepar3D server about the throttle percentage of the airplane. I am using the AddToDataDefinition with parameters "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1" and "Percent over 100" . This program works for all of the default airplanes, but not for the A2A C172R add-on plane. The C172R model yields a few random number when the engine is off. When the engine is on, it seems to spit out rather spontaneous numbers, each one different than the number from the previous second, rather than the actual throttle's percent.

Please let me know if you have any suspicions as to what might be causing this.

So far responses have been quick, thorough, and helpful!
Appreciate any help!

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Prepar3D Tracking Throttle Percent

Post by Killratio »

That is because Accusim does not use the standard FSX/P3D offsets for most things. You need the Offset (LVAR) listings here: viewtopic.php?f=108&t=40389

This is the throttle LVAR (L:Throttle1Position,percent) - throttle lever (range: 0 – 100)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

AmeenGuy
Airman Basic

Re: Prepar3D Tracking Throttle Percent

Post by AmeenGuy »

Hi,

I tried replacing the throttle LVAR in the code_s.xml file, (L:Throttle1Value,number) with the one you mentioned to me, (L:Throttle1Position,percent), I tried putting the corresponding values in the AddToData function

Is this the right approach?
If so, what parameter would I put into the SimConnecAddToDataDefinition() function instead of "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1" ?

If not, how would I setup the utilization of this LVAR?

Thanks for any help!

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”