Lost Trim function in several A2A aircraft after Windows 10

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Lost Trim function in several A2A aircraft after Windows 10

Post by bobsk8 »

Been away from GA flying for quite awhile, and decided this week to do some again. I quickly discovered that my elevator trim was not working in C 172, and C 182, . I had these trims working using the A2A Input Config program, and everything was working perfectly the last time I flew over a year ago ( at least). Now I fired up the C 182, and realized the trim was not moving. I checked the settings in the Config program, and they were set to the proper setting for trim up and down, so I decided to just reprogram to make sure everything was correct. The first thing I noticed was that the controller numbers had been changed, and probably due to me upgrading to windows 10 about 2 months ago from windows 7. The old Joystick T 16000M number was 0 , and when I went to reprogram it the config program came up with Joystick 1, The same thing happened with the C 182, it assigned the joystick as #1.

The main concern is for the C 172 and C 182, since the trim movement is way to slow unless using the A2A config, and it appears the A2A config doesn't work anymore because the joystick numbers are misidentified by Windows 10. For instance, I have the Cherokee trim assigned with FSUIPC and the trim works perfectly. If I delete the FSUIPC assignment and assign it with the A2A config, it doesn't work at all, the trim wheel doesn't even move . The A2A config says my joystick is Joystick 1, but FSUIPC correctly identifies it as Joystick 0. There is no way to edit the setting in the A2A config program to the proper joystick number. As soon as you try and change even one number in the config for that assignment, the entire line disappears.

I think this problem is caused by the A2A config program misreading the controller numbers when programming it.

For example... FSUIPC ( CH Pedals Joystick 1 ) . ( T 16000m Joystick 0 ) ( Saitek throttle quadrant Joystick 2)

A2A Config progm. ( CH pedals ( No reading ) ( T 16000M Joystick 1 ) (Saitek Throttle Joystick 1 . ) [/b]

Two questions, has anyone else experienced this? Question 2, can this be fixed?
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Lost Trim function in several A2A aircraft after Windows 10

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bob,

You should be able to edit the "axisConfig.cfg" file in "Documents\A2A\P3D\Cessna172" to change the number for the joystick as required. To quote Michał K from this post, "the important number is the one shown in P3D in the Key Assignments menu. It may be different from what is shown by FSUIPC or Windows."

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 10:50 Hello Bob,

You should be able to edit the "axisConfig.cfg" file in "Documents\A2A\P3D\Cessna172" to change the number for the joystick as required. To quote Michał K from this post, "the important number is the one shown in P3D in the Key Assignments menu. It may be different from what is shown by FSUIPC or Windows."

Thanks,
Nick
Worked on this quite awhile this afternoon.
Here is copy of the cfg file in documents .

Elevator_Trim joystick:1:DISABLED False Is this supposed to say disabled false?
Flaps_Lever joystick:2:DISABLED False
EGT_Ref_Bug joystick:2:DISABLED False
Cockpit_Ventilation joystick:2:DISABLED False
Cockpit_Heat joystick:2:DISABLED False

Disable_Shortcuts
Yoke_AP_Disconnect
Yoke_Trim_Up joystick:1:button:7
Yoke_Trim_Down joystick:1:button:6
Magneto_Inc.
Magneto_Dec.
Cockpit_Ventilation
Headphones
AP_ON joystick:2:button:15
AP_HDG
AP_NAV
AP_APR
AP_REV
AP_ALT
AP_UP
AP_DOWN
AP_ARM
AP_BARO
AP_Inner_Knob_Left
AP_Inner_Knob_Right
AP_Outer_Knob_Left
AP_Outer_Knob_Right
Battery_ON
Battery_OFF
Generator_ON
Generator_OFF

Here is what the A2a Configurator says.

Function Controller 2. T1600m Axis ID disabled
Elevator Trim

Yoke Trum Up Joystick 1 button 7
Yoke Trim down Joystick 1 button 6

I have tried switching all the yoke numbers around, and trim wheel never movers. I even tried using my Saitek throttle to set up down trim switches and that doesn't work either, It acts as if the configurator is sending anything to the C 172.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

bobsk8 wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 16:21 I have tried switching all the yoke numbers around, and trim wheel never movers. I even tried using my Saitek throttle to set up down trim switches and that doesn't work either, It acts as if the configurator is sending anything to the C 172.
Just to get back to basics Bob, are your controllers enabled in the P3D settings? (Options → Controls → Other)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Nick - A2A wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 16:44
bobsk8 wrote: 05 Aug 2019, 16:21 I have tried switching all the yoke numbers around, and trim wheel never movers. I even tried using my Saitek throttle to set up down trim switches and that doesn't work either, It acts as if the configurator is sending anything to the C 172.
Just to get back to basics Bob, are your controllers enabled in the P3D settings? (Options → Controls → Other)

Thanks,
Nick
Loud Smack That is the sound of me hitting myself in the side of the head. Been away from A2A aircraft for a long time, and totally forgot that the reason I had controllers in P3D enabled, even though I was using FSUIPC for just about everything, was the A2A Configurator program. I disabled it about a year and a half ago, and totally forgot about that.

Excellent Tech support and troubleshooting.

Thanks, Nick.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Aha! You're welcome Bob. To be honest, that should have been the first thing I suggested too. Glad you're back in business anyway.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”