C172 Trim Not Correct

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
andrew737
Senior Airman

Re: C172 Trim Not Correct

Post by andrew737 »

Killratio wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 22:05 Well, I count at least 4 builders of full pits here (Me, Ed, Boris, a Commanche and another possible B-17 but not counting Richard Banks..he's big enough and ugly enough to look after himself :P ) ) and a large number of "advanced hardware users" .

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=14676&start=420

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=40795&start=450

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22072

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=59051

Many of the AHU's run into the same types of problems we do but are further constrained by using "off the shelf" products which don't always play nice.

I can float the idea with Scott if there is interest? I'd be happy to moderate that forum.

D
Hi Kill Ratio

Ive changed the pot to a vishay 10 turn 10k pot - much better

It would be good if we could do something in the software as well though.

If you think scott will bother then please do try

Kind Regards

Andrew

P.S. A year or so ago he did say he would look at it, but nothing happened even after a year of VERY polite requests!
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

andrew737 wrote: 02 Aug 2019, 11:09
Killratio wrote: 01 Aug 2019, 22:05 Well, I count at least 4 builders of full pits here (Me, Ed, Boris, a Commanche and another possible B-17 but not counting Richard Banks..he's big enough and ugly enough to look after himself :P ) ) and a large number of "advanced hardware users" .

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=14676&start=420

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=40795&start=450

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22072

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=59051

Many of the AHU's run into the same types of problems we do but are further constrained by using "off the shelf" products which don't always play nice.

I can float the idea with Scott if there is interest? I'd be happy to moderate that forum.

D
Hi Kill Ratio

Ive changed the pot to a vishay 10 turn 10k pot - much better

It would be good if we could do something in the software as well though.

If you think scott will bother then please do try

Kind Regards

Andrew

P.S. A year or so ago he did say he would look at it, but nothing happened even after a year of VERY polite requests!
It's not a matter of being "bothered" to do something. Actually for every request we get to go back into a code and change something to please someone we have about a hundred people who would NOT like us to do that. This is basically why we leave your type of request to your own decision whether or not to act on it. We DO however, caution you on the risks involved for the reasons I have stated quite plainly in prior postings on your issue.
Again, I hope you can find someone who can work with you on what you want to do but I don't see A2A acting officially in any manner to change a code on this issue.
Dudley Henriques

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey everyone,

the simple truth of the matter is, you get to a certain point with cockpit building and hardware where you need to learn and its is expected to do x y and z. The expectation is that advanced hardware is used by advanced users for the most part.

When you are buying the boards etc they all require custom code, tweaking and configuring. I am sorry but for the same reason others cannot, we cannot offer off the shelf solutions to hardware and custom builds that at there core do not offer or support it, but promote and require the builders input to create the custom solutions for the given circumstance. Its why flight training solutions from us and our competitors and partners be it software and hardware are mostly custom solutions working together to offer something that is custom to a given requirement.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

andrew737
Senior Airman

Post by andrew737 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 03 Aug 2019, 11:23 Hey everyone,

the simple truth of the matter is, you get to a certain point with cockpit building and hardware where you need to learn and its is expected to do x y and z. The expectation is that advanced hardware is used by advanced users for the most part.

When you are buying the boards etc they all require custom code, tweaking and configuring. I am sorry but for the same reason others cannot, we cannot offer off the shelf solutions to hardware and custom builds that at there core do not offer or support it, but promote and require the builders input to create the custom solutions for the given circumstance. Its why flight training solutions from us and our competitors and partners be it software and hardware are mostly custom solutions working together to offer something that is custom to a given requirement.

thanks,
Lewis
Lewis

One cannot argue with this beautifully put and perfectly understandable response - Thank you Lewis

Another point, Dudley's last comment about, what works for one does NOT work for 100 other people, is equally valid.

I get it; as frustrating as it is, I get it!

To the other contributors of this thread:

you have all gone above and beyond, amazing.

With your help I have now a satisfactory solution to my trim - THANK YOU

lets also not miss the main point here....

It is because the A2A product is vastly superior to others that I so desired a solution with this aircraft - that I feel deserves to be said.

I have my resolution and cannot thank this user community enough

BIG THANKS GUYS
Kind Regards and Thanks

Andrew

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks Andrew, I didn't want to come across as too dick'ish lol.

Its also a bit of a personal pet peeve of mine that it seems the more expensive the hardware you buy the less plug and play and compatibility it seems to come with. As a home simmer and someone who works in software its a most confusing situation to try and get my head around.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”