VOR doesn't show GPS source from RXP 430W

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
MarkoR
Airman Basic

VOR doesn't show GPS source from RXP 430W

Post by MarkoR »

Windows 10 update killed my computer (again) and forced me to format c-drive and reinstall everything. I now have a fresh setup with P3D 4.5 and A2A 172 and RXP 430W V2. Everything seems to be working fine, except that I can’t connect RXP 430 GPS to VOR indicator.

NAV/GPS toggle above VOR doesn’t do anything. I can click it, but it doesn’t make any sound and nothing happens. The CDI button on GNS 430 lets me switch between NAV and GPS sources, VLOC mode works, but GPS source just centers CDI and gives me red and white flag. I checked using shift+3 that I have NAV2 powered and in Reality XP settings I also have GPS connected to VOR1 and to NAV/GPS switch. Still they don’t work.

Any ideas on how to connect GPS to VOR display?
Marko

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: VOR doesn't show GPS source from RXP 430W

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Marko and welcome to the A2A forums.

Please can you try enabling the "Connect GPS to HSI" option within the RXP settings.

This should fix the issue you describe. However, one thing to bear in mind that with one of the third-party Garmin GPS products installed, the NAV/GPS switch on the panel doesn't function and instead the CDI button on the GPS itself should be used.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MarkoR
Airman Basic

Post by MarkoR »

Thanks Nick, that fixed it! After I got the GPS mode working again somehow then the NAV (VLOC in gps) mode stopped working and VOR indicator showed red flag from NAV1 source. Restarting P3D fixed that one too, and now NAV and GPS modes are working as they should. Phew... GPS/NAV selector doesn’t work as you said, but that’s fine, I can use the CDI button.
Marko

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the update Marko - good to hear that you're back in business. Incidentally, I think the behavior of the GNS/GTN units may have changed with one of the RXP updates with respect to this option. I'm pretty sure the GPS connection to the VOR1 gauge used to work with this option unticked, as shown in your screenshot.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”