Control Surface movement Offsets or LVars?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Tom_G_2010
Airman First Class

Control Surface movement Offsets or LVars?

Post by Tom_G_2010 »

Looking to find out if anyone knows the offsets and/or LVars that handle control surface movement in the outside views.

I have the C172 Trainer running with my cockpit build (should be adding the 182 soon) and have most of the custom code worked out for all the controls using various LVars and Offsets via FSUIPC and LUA scripts. After adding force feedback to my flight controls using the BFF Simulations system the control surfaces stopped showing movement in the outside views. I see normal movement on stock aircraft but not my A2A 172. Given that most of my flight time only uses the cockpit views this was not an issue for me originally. However, I am now looking to setup an outside view of the aircraft on a separate monitor for those outside the cockpit observing the flight in progress.

The BFF control loader application provides control surface position information to P3D via standard offsets via FSUIPC instead of conventional potentiometers on joystick axis. If the offsets or LVars that affect control surface movement in the outside view are known or could be determined then I could write a simple LUA script to control them by monitoring the offset values sent from the BFF control loader and adjusting the control corresponding LVar or offset value accordingly.

Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim/ PC: Intel Core i7 @ 3.2GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, Dual SSDs, NVidea G780 SIM: P3D, FSUIPC4, ASE 2016, Orbix, REX 2, A2A 172

Tom_G_2010
Airman First Class

Re: Control Surface movement Offsets or LVars?

Post by Tom_G_2010 »

GIving my original post a bump.

I would really like to be able to complete my visual control surface checks on my check list and need this for that purpose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim/ PC: Intel Core i7 @ 3.2GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, Dual SSDs, NVidea G780 SIM: P3D, FSUIPC4, ASE 2016, Orbix, REX 2, A2A 172

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Michal - A2A »

Sorry for the delay, here are the variables:

Ailerons:
(L:AileronLPosition,percent) (range: 0 - 100)
(L:AileronRPosition,percent) (range: 0 - 100)

Rudder:
(L:RudderSurface,percent) (range: 0 - 100)

Elevator:
(L:ElevatorSurface,percent) (range: 0 - 100)
(L:ElevatorTrimTabAnim,percent) (range: 0 - 100)

Hope it helps.

Tom_G_2010
Airman First Class

Post by Tom_G_2010 »

Mike,

THANKS! I'll give those a try and see if I can make it work.

Tom G.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”