Radios, VOR, ILS, DME, etc come on; do not receive

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
C172CharlieHotel
Airman

Radios, VOR, ILS, DME, etc come on; do not receive

Post by C172CharlieHotel »

I have the FSX-Steam edition with the A2A C172 trainer loaded (latest update for FX from Feb-19). I was trying to use EDAH (Heringsdorf Germany) as the airport (I have XPDR set to '7000').

Strangely, I can get ATC thru FX, but I do not hear ATIS, for example. Nearby SCZ VORTAC is 114.75; Swidwin (VOR) 116.00; Friedland 117.15. Don't you get a green strip at the top with ATIS? (use Szczecin ATIS 132.12)

I can tune for the VORs and so forth (on NAV), but there is no signal (both NAV buttons selected on selector at top). Gps: same. I've been looking on this Community for the past 6 weeks and have not been able to find a solution.

I am sorry, I am now so lost. Do I re-install something?

CH

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Radios, VOR, ILS, DME, etc come on; do not receive

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello CH and welcome to the A2A forums.

I suspect the issue for the most part is that you're trying to tune navaids and facilities which exist in real life but which aren't represented in the 10+ year old database in FSX. The SCZ VORTAC and the ATIS service at Szczecin (EPSC) would both be examples; they're just not present in FSX.

However, you should be able to receive the VOR at Friedland (FLD) on 117.15 MHz as you mention. To do so, you may find you need to be at least a few hundred feet AGL.

If you wish to update the navaids in FSX, I recommend you investigate products like www.fsaerodata.com or the free database updates from https://www.aero.sors.fr.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”