Logitech G940 Setup for C172 Skyhawk

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Quentin
Airman Basic

Logitech G940 Setup for C172 Skyhawk

Post by Quentin »

Good day,
Having recently purchased the A2A Cessna 172, I am trying to get my Logitech G940 joystick, throttle and pedals tuned to get a smooth response from the aircraft and am consequently playing around with the settings. I have disabled force feedback in the G940 and would like to know whether this is correct for the C172? I have tried setting up the controls inside P3Dv3.4, but they seem 'sloppy' and the various menus in the setup procedure are a nightmare. I have not been happy with the way the C172 responds with the P3Dv3 controls setup and have therefore disabled the sim's controls and redone the setup in FSUIPC. The aircraft seems to behave better, but there is some fine tuning to be done.
I imagine there are many pilots who have a similar setup and would be very grateful for any guidance in getting the settings setup for best results and to save hours of trial and error.
Regards,
Quentin

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Logitech G940 Setup for C172 Skyhawk

Post by Oracle427 »

I find that the straight mapping of controls to their native axis without any modifications is realistic enough. The real aircraft is very light on the controls and requires a very fine touch. The 172 is best flown with a teacup like grip on the yoke.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Quentin and welcome.

Generally speaking, we recommend setting elevator, aileron and rudder axes with the maximum sensitivity and minimum deadzone. By default, FSX and P3D include a fairly substantial null zone (36 / 127) and sensitivity is somewhat reduced (64 / 127) which can make the controls feel a bit 'sloppy' as you mention. For a bit more info on this, please see this pinned thread and the video within.

For FSUIPC, exactly the same principal applies and using an excessive centre null zone or slope will tend to make the control inputs a bit sloppier. However, it may pay to experiment a bit with both based on personal preference. However, I'd recommend that you start off with slope set to 0 and no centre null zone and see how you get on.

I don't have any personal experience with force-feedback I'm afraid, but I believe some customers use FSForce quite successfully with their Accu-Sim aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick

Quentin
Airman Basic

Post by Quentin »

Thank you Nick! Iv'e checked out the thread and video and will now give the recommendations a try and see what happens.
Regards, Quentin

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”