Issues with my 172. Is it just my end?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SirGr3mlin
Airman

Issues with my 172. Is it just my end?

Post by SirGr3mlin »

Hi A2A, firstly i want to clarify i love your 172! it is one of if not the favourite plane in my hanger! The details and effort that has gone into the beautiful model really shows! that is why i believe i have a bugged install. when i noticed a few odd happenings with my 172.
The first. The plugs from the headphone sockets are missing.. while this isnt a SIM breaking issue, i just wondered if its my end or other have the same issue.
also the input configurator appears to have stopped working. again im not sure if this is my end. but it really breaks my control panel.
Sim : P3DV4.4
and i have checked for updates and i am using the current release.

Thanks for your help guys!

SirGr3mlin

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Issues with my 172. Is it just my end?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Chris,

Sounds like this may be an initialisation issue. Please can you let us know which aircraft loads with your default scenario in P3Dv4?

For the input configurator, please can you confirm if you have "enabled controller(s)" ticked in the P3Dv4 settings? (FSUIPC users may sometimes untick this setting, but it's required for the input configurator to operate correctly.)

Thanks,
Nick

SirGr3mlin
Airman

Post by SirGr3mlin »

Nick - A2A wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 05:30 Hi Chris,

Sounds like this may be an initialisation issue. Please can you let us know which aircraft loads with your default scenario in P3Dv4?

For the input configurator, please can you confirm if you have "enabled controller(s)" ticked in the P3Dv4 settings? (FSUIPC users may sometimes untick this setting, but it's required for the input configurator to operate correctly.)

Thanks,
Nick
Hi there Nick, thanks for the speedy reply, it have done some digging and have found...
1/ i reinstalled the the aircraft and found that it fix the issues with the headphone jack plug bits / sockets that were missing. :D yay! :D
2/ i have checked the setting "Enable Controllers" as suggested and it was indeed still enabled.
What is that if bind a joystick button to Magneto Inc. then in sim press that button it does in fact turn the magneto's all the way to BOTH. but then no further. it doesnt turn it to START.
any further help would be appreciated.

SirGr3mlin
Airman

Post by SirGr3mlin »

Nick - A2A wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 05:30 Hi Chris,

Thanks,
Nick
Afternoon. morning Nick! so strange thing, i managed to get it going again. Im not 100% sure how though.. :-/
I did find that i had to play around with the Events to get them working.
I actually had to call :
OFF = MAGNETO1_OFF
RIGHT = MAGNETO_RIGHT
LEFT = MAGNETO_LEFT
BOTH = MAGNETO1_BOTH
it seemed to bug out if i removed the 1 from off and both. and if i added the 1 to LEFT and RIGHT.
so weird. but Yay its going again! :D
I know it doesnt look the prettiest but its getting there. and im happy enough with it. ;-)

Cheers for you help again.
Chris

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Chris - good to hear that you've got this working with your hardware. Drop us a line if you have any more questions, and hopefully we'll be able to help.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”