Sound.pk

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Rhallanger
Airman Basic

Sound.pk

Post by Rhallanger »

I just installed C172 and have a sound file that seems out of place. Which folder should that file be in?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Sound.pk

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Rhallanger and welcome.

The "sound.pk" file is installed to an "A2A/Cessna172" folder within the host sim (FSX/P3Dv1-3) or the add-on folder (P3Dv4). Are the internal engine sounds audible within your installation of the 172?

If you're having any problems with sounds playing, please can you let us know which base sim you're using.

Thanks,
Nick

Rhallanger
Airman Basic

Post by Rhallanger »

I cannot hear the sounds. I am using P3D v4. I tried dropping the file in the P3Dv4 add ons folder under my username. Does it go in a subfile there?

I have utLive, FLAi and OrbxObjectFlow2 subfolders within the P3Dv4 add ons folder.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

By default the aircraft should be installed in the "Documents\Prepar3D Add-ons\A2A" folder unless you chose a different path during installation.

If you've manually moved any files, I recommend you reinstall to make sure everything is in the correct location before we troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,
Nick

Rhallanger
Airman Basic

Post by Rhallanger »

Will do. I installed it initially to my base p3d folder sir SimObjects/Aircraft folder and not the documents/p3D add on folder. I’ll start with changing my install location.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks. If reinstalling the 172 to a new location, please be aware it's necessary to launch P3D once between uninstalling and reinstalling to allow it to flush its add-ons.cfg files.

Nick

Rhallanger
Airman Basic

Post by Rhallanger »

Ok, tried doing this but doesn't seem to be working. I didn't even see a read me file with instructions on which directory to add this. This is one of the most difficult installs I've had to deal with. I'm sure everyone else here knows the tricks of getting this to work. Why can't the install instructions tell me where I need to be pointing this install? It only asks me where I want to put the install. I've been going in circles on this for hours. I starting to feel like this whole A2A install system is just a mess.

Here's what I did: Uninstalled and reinstalled. Directed the install to my c: drive users/documents/P3d Add Ons folder.

Launched P3D. Didn't see my aircraft. Closed out of P3D. Launched P3D again - still don't see my aircraft from A2A.

Is there a "READ ME" file that I am supposed to see that has clear instructions on the install process?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rhallanger,

Sorry to hear that you've been having some difficulties with installing. Please can you let us know where and when you purchased the C172 for Prepar3D v4 so we can make sure you have the most recent version of the installer.

There's a "Read before installation.pdf" file in the zipped download for the most recent installer packages for P3Dv4.

Thanks,
Nick

Rhallanger
Airman Basic

Post by Rhallanger »

I purchased A2A on 01/31/2019 from A2A Simulations Inc.
([email protected]).

I never saw the read before installer PDF. I don't even recall doing an installer.

OK - I think I may have figured it out. I have 10 downloads remaining for "Accu-sim C172 Trainer P3Dv2-3 and then just below it a Accu-sim C172 Trainer P3Dv4." I bet I downloaded the P3Dv2-3 without realizing it. I'll reinstall and advise. Fingers crossed!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, sounds like you may have been trying to install the 32-bit version of the 172 into 64-bit P3Dv4. Once you've downloaded the newer installer for P3Dv4, hopefully you'll find things go a bit more smoothly. However, please drop us a line if you have any further issues.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”