Uninstall

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Doc_Z
Airman

Uninstall

Post by Doc_Z »

I want to uninstall the C172 Trainer, but I can't find it in the Windows Apps and Features list (the C 182 and the V35 are there). It is in the A2A folder in the P34 Add-ons folder. How do I remove it?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Uninstall

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

did you install the program or move files to run it?

If it was installed it should be listed as it will have gone through the windows install routine.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Doc_Z,

Also, please can you let us know when you installed the 172? If you installed using one of the early A2A installers for P3Dv4, soon after the simulator was released in May 2017, it's possible you downloaded a version without an uninstaller.

In this case, you'll just need to manually delete any files within the old directory structure.

Thanks,
Nick

Doc_Z
Airman

Post by Doc_Z »

The order is dated May 31, 2018. I'm not sure which installer it was since I can't find it. I usually save the installers, but I can't find that one. It is not in the Windows A&F and I can't find an uninstaller file. So I presume I should just delete all files relevant to the product.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the info. That order date is after the new installers were released on our new store, but looking at some of your previous posts, you also mention transferring the 172 from the old to the new store. I'm just trying to establish if the 172 which you're trying to uninstall was made with the new installer from the new store, or the old one.

Thanks,
Nick

Doc_Z
Airman

Post by Doc_Z »

AS I said, I can't find the installer, although I usually save them. I did have an older version of the 172.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, in that case I'll assume that your installation of the 172 was from the old installer. If the entry isn't visible in the Windows add/remove program window, you should just need to delete the following directories:

Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Cessna172
Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172

You can also safely delete any files in the directory "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\Effects" which contain the text "c172" in the filename.

Thanks,
Nick

Doc_Z
Airman

Post by Doc_Z »

OK. Thanks.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”