Headphones and A2A

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
curt1
Airman First Class

Headphones and A2A

Post by curt1 »

In the past when wearing headphones, my A2A aircraft would include all engine sounds, wind etc...along with environmental sounds, so basically all sound would come through the headphones. Now, and I don't know when it changed, only environmental and runway sounds come through the headphones, while engines and cockpit sounds come through the main speakers on my desktop. This is unique to A2A, as it doesn't happen with any other planes I own. Any idea on why this is happening, and is there a setting I can adjust to return it to it's previous behaviour? Thanks for your help.

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Re: Headphones and A2A

Post by rhenson529 »

Hello Curt,

Just a thought, but did you check your sound settings in Windows? One of the MS updates modified the sound settings to “default”. I have to change mine when run a Windows 10 update. Just a thought. Also, be sure to check the sound settings for the application. In the past I use to run all outside sounds through my speakers and only ATC conversations through the headphones until my family started complaining. [WINKING FACE]

Hope this helps a little.
Ron

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Curt,

Are you using Prepar3D v4? If so, sounds like you've discovered a new feature which was introduced with the latest round of updates.
Nick - A2A wrote:
  • Added an option to select which audio device Accu-Sim sounds are played through ('Add-ons' menu → 'Accusim sound menu').
If you're using FSX or an older version of P3D, the Accu-Sim sounds will play through the default Windows audio device.

Thanks,
Nick

curt1
Airman First Class

Post by curt1 »

Thank you both for the replies. Nick, you're correct, I'm using v4 and wasn't aware of the new option. I should have read the update notes better. All is well, thanks again.

joepoway
Airman First Class

Post by joepoway »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Curt,

Are you using Prepar3D v4? If so, sounds like you've discovered a new feature which was introduced with the latest round of updates.
Nick - A2A wrote:
  • Added an option to select which audio device Accu-Sim sounds are played through ('Add-ons' menu → 'Accusim sound menu').
If you're using FSX or an older version of P3D, the Accu-Sim sounds will play through the default Windows audio device.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick

Maybe I don't fully understand how to use this new option but I have a new issue now.

When I switch between 2D monitor flying and VR with my Oculus Rift headset I toggle the default MS playback between my speakers and Rift headphones with no issue and all the sounds move back and forth. I actually use Voice Attack to execute this command and it has worked flawlessly until the new A2A Accusim Sound Menu option. Now when I change the default sound all the other sounds and ATC switch defaults on command but A2A aircraft now require me to use the drop down selection and worse I have to unload and reload the aircraft to establish the change. This is not going to work for me since I like to change back and forth during long flights or to program my GTN 750 etc..

All my other aircraft including default P3D, Aerosoft, PMDG etc work fine as A2A used to, but now I can no longer switch during a flight and if I select Rift I'm stuck there for the entire flight.

Please advise why this "feature" was added and is there anyway I can get back to what worked in the past?

Thanks in advance
Joe
ImageImage
ImageImage

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

This function was added because it was requested by our customers. If you want to always use default audio device like it used to, delete the audio.dat file from "My documents/A2A" directory, and don't use the new audio menu afterwards.
Michael Krawczyk

joepoway
Airman First Class

Post by joepoway »

some1 - A2A wrote:This function was added because it was requested by our customers. If you want to always use default audio device like it used to, delete the audio.dat file from "My documents/A2A" directory, and don't use the new audio menu afterwards.
Michael

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate the work around solution you have provided. I will try this when I launch my sim later today. I assume there is an audio file in each aircraft or is there just one for all A2A aircraft located at a higher level in the file structure?

Once again thanks for the help and it might make sense to pin a notification somewhere on how to make this choice as it will effect many VR users in the future.

Joe
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”